1997 Acura CL Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 13, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest insurance rates for your Acura CL? Comparison shopping for insurance is always nearly impossible for people who are new to comparison shopping online. You have so many choices that it can easily become a big hassle to locate the lowest price.
It’s a good idea to do rate comparisons periodically because prices fluctuate regularly. If you had the best deal on CL insurance on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. Starting right now, block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re going to learn the fastest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Compare Quotes for Car Insurance
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways to get quotes and find the best price. One of the best ways to find the cheapest 1997 Acura CL insurance rates is to get quotes online. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The recommended way to compare a lot of rates at once is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This method prevents you from having to do a different quote for every car insurance company. A single form will get you rate comparisons direct from many companies. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- Another way to compare rate quotes is going to the website of each company to request a price quote. For examples sake, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from Progressive, Safeco and Farmers. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just be sure to compare identical coverage limits on every quote. If you use mixed coverages it’s impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Acura CL. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits may result in large price differences. And when comparing car insurance rates, know that quoting more helps locate the best price.
Pay less for Acura CL insurance
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before being credited.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will reduce your premiums.
To see a list of providers offering auto insurance discounts, follow this link.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 1997 Acura CL is totaled?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Acura CL rates are in the details
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- How’s your driving record? – Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Even one ticket can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who have dangerous citations like DUI or reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Both sexes cause accidents in similar numbers, but the males have costlier accidents. They also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI. Male drivers age 16 to 19 tend to get in the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Occupations such as lawyers, social workers and financial analysts are shown to have higher average rates attributed to stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations such as actors, engineers and retirees pay the least on CL insurance.
Can you really save $468 a year?
State Farm, Allstate and GEICO consistently run ads on television and other media. All the companies have a common claim that you’ll save big if you change your coverage to them. But how can every company make almost identical claims?
All companies have a preferred profile for the driver that makes them money. For instance, a preferred risk could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, is a homeowner, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer who fits that profile will get very good rates and most likely will save a lot of money.
Potential customers who don’t qualify for the requirements must pay higher premiums and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. This is how companies can advertise the way they do.
This illustrates why drivers must get as many comparisons as possible. It is impossible to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest Acura CL insurance rates.
Auto insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of car insurance aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like rock chips in glass, fire damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer and a broken windshield. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
This coverage pays for damage to your CL resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb, driving through your garage door, rolling your car and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills for things like doctor visits, funeral costs, nursing services and dental work. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability car insurance
This will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, legal defense fees, court costs, pain and suffering and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Buy online or local, you save
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate.
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions, lack of trust in their agent and being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right car insurance provider is actually quite simple.
Cost effective 1997 Acura CL insurance is definitely available both online in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area