Cheapest 1997 Ford Thunderbird Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 13, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheap auto insurance on the web may be challenging for consumers new to comparison shopping online. Since there are so many online companies, how can consumers effectively compare every one to find the lowest rates?
Ford Thunderbird insurance rates can be determined by these details
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings.
The following are some of the factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
- High numbers of claims are not good – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Auto insurance companies generally give discounts to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Your location is important – Living in less populated areas can save you money when buying auto insurance. City drivers have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Lower population means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Car features impact rates – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart car theft.
- Your job and insurance rates – Careers like real estate brokers, architects and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates due to job stress and lengthy work days. Other occupations like scientists, historians and retirees pay the least on Thunderbird insurance.
- Your spouse saves you money – Getting married helps lower the price on auto insurance. Marriage means you’re more mature and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Your credit rating is important – Having a bad credit history is a large factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Therefore, if your credit is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your 1997 Ford Thunderbird by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Some companies will give a discount to policyholders who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount, you still need to compare rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. Drivers may still find better rates by splitting coverages up.
Auto Insurance Prices
There are several ways of comparing rate quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. The simplest method to compare 1997 Ford Thunderbird insurance prices is to get quotes online. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
One of the best ways to get quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This type of form eliminates the need for boring form submissions for every auto insurance company. A single, simple form gets you coverage quotes from auto insurance companies with the best prices. Just one form and you’re done.
A less efficient way to obtain and compare quotes online is to manually visit the website of each company to complete a price quote.
The most time-consuming method to compare rates is driving around to insurance agents’ offices. The ability to buy insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the professional guidance of a local agent. However, consumers can get the lowest quotes online and still use a local agent and we’ll talk about that later.
It’s up to you which method you use, but compare identical coverages on every quote. If you compare different values for each quote it’s not possible to determine the best price for your Ford Thunderbird. Slightly different coverage limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when comparing auto insurance rates, know that having more price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Multi-car Discount – Having more than one vehicle with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% on Thunderbird insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Thunderbird insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will reduce your premiums.
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Coverages available on your policy
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane and rock chips in glass. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things like colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Ford Thunderbird.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims like medical expenses, bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects, medical services and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like X-ray expenses, pain medications, rehabilitation expenses and hospital visits. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
You can do this!
When shopping online for insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can reduce 1997 Ford Thunderbird insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may discover the best prices are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver, high prices or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance coverage company is not as hard as you think.
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area