Cheapest 2002 Ford Thunderbird Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your Ford Thunderbird? Are you tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay your car insurance bill each month? You’re in the same situation as many other drivers. Having so many options when it comes to insurance coverage, it’s difficult to pick the lowest cost insurance company.
You need to take a look at other company’s rates periodically since insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the lowest price for Thunderbird coverage a year ago a different company probably has better rates today. You can find a lot of wrong information about insurance coverage online but I’m going to show you a bunch of ideas how to buy insurance coverage cheaper.
Discounts can save BIG
Car insurance companies do not advertise all their discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find both the well known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more for Thunderbird coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- No Charge for an Accident – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% for Thunderbird coverage with a few insurance coverage companies.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on insurance coverage for Thunderbird coverage.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of providers who offer insurance coverage discounts, click here to view.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2002 Ford Thunderbird is totaled?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Can you really save $476 a year?
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for car insurance savings by companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads make the same claim about savings after switching to them.
How do they all claim to save you money?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For instance, a desirable insured might be between 30 and 50, is a homeowner, and has a high credit rating. Any driver who fits that profile will get very good rates and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Drivers who do not match these standards will be charged higher rates which usually ends up with the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way companies can truthfully make those claims. That is why you should get as many comparisons as possible. It is impossible to predict the company that will provide you with the cheapest Ford Thunderbird insurance rates.
Auto insurance coverages explained
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed, falling objects, hail damage and theft. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as court costs, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as nursing services, surgery, prosthetic devices and dental work. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Coverage for collisions
This coverage covers damage to your Thunderbird from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as backing into a parked car, hitting a parking meter, crashing into a ditch and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Ford Thunderbird.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Spend less. Save more.
Cost effective 2002 Ford Thunderbird insurance is available both online in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to get a better price on insurance. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Drivers may discover the best price on insurance coverage is with an unexpected company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
More detailed insurance coverage information is available in these articles:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area