Cheapest 1997 Nissan 240SX Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 1, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
If shopping for insurance online is new to you, it’s easy to get confused due to the large number of online companies vying for business.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. This information will let you in on how to get online quotes. Nevertheless, consumers do need to understand the way companies price insurance differently because it can help you find the best coverage.
How to Compare Insurance Rates
To find the best insurance prices, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes from local insurance companies. The best method to find the lowest 1997 Nissan 240SX rates is simply to get online rate quotes. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to find the lowest comparison rates is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This method keeps you from doing multiple quote forms for every insurance company. Taking the time to complete one form compares rates from all major companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A slightly less efficient method to analyze rates requires a visit to each company’s website and complete a new quote form. For example, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from USAA, Liberty Mutual and Allstate. You would have to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker.To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The least recommended way to get comparison rates is to spend time driving to and from local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you want the professional guidance that only a license agent can provide. However, consumers can comparison shop your insurance online but still have the advice of a local agent and you’ll learn how to do that later.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make darn sure you compare apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles for each price quote. If the quotes have different limits and deductibles on each one you can’t possibly make a fair comparison for your Nissan 240SX. Just a small difference in insurance coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when price shopping your coverage, getting more free quotes will improve the odds of getting lower pricing.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Auto insurance companies don’t always list all available discounts very clearly, so here is a list some of the more common and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10% for 240SX insurance.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for car insurance for 240SX insurance.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for 240SX insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of companies with discount car insurance rates, click here.
Insurance agents can help
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 1997 Nissan 240SX?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Nissan 240SX rates are in the details
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
Shown below are some of the items companies use to determine prices.
- Clean credit earns discounts – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. So if your credit is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your 1997 Nissan 240SX by improving your credit score. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with poor credit.
- More claims means more premium – Companies award discounts to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- Being married is a good thing – Being married actually saves money when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other means you’re more mature and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Insurance coverage specifics
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical expense insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, nursing services, hospital visits and pain medications. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Nissan 240SX.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Collision – This coverage pays for damage to your 240SX caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as driving through your garage door, crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability coverage – This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as court costs, emergency aid, loss of income, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from getting keyed, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage and a broken windshield. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Buy Smart and Save
We’ve covered many ways to lower your 1997 Nissan 240SX insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from the smaller companies.
When you buy insurance online, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
People leave their current company for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund, high prices or even lack of trust in their agent. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is less work than it seems.
More tips and info about car insurance is located in these articles:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I compare insurance rates?
To compare insurance rates, you can use online rate quotes. You have a couple of different methods to choose from. It’s important to ensure that you compare coverage limits and deductibles for each quote to make a fair comparison.
Are there any policy discounts I shouldn’t miss?
Yes, auto insurance companies offer various discounts that can help lower your premiums. However, it’s important to note that not all discounts apply to all coverage premiums. Some discounts may only apply to specific coverages like medical payments or collision.
Can insurance agents help in choosing the best coverage?
Yes, insurance agents can provide assistance in choosing the best auto insurance coverage. Each situation is unique, and agents can help assess your specific needs and guide you in selecting the right coverage options.
What are some factors that affect Nissan 240SX insurance rates?
Several factors can influence the rates you pay for auto insurance, including the coverage specifics. Factors such as medical expense insurance, protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers, collision coverage, liability coverage, and comprehensive coverage can impact your insurance rates.
How can I save money on auto insurance?
To save money on auto insurance, it’s recommended to obtain multiple quotes from different companies. The more quotes you compare, the higher the chances of finding lower pricing. However, it’s important not to sacrifice coverage for the sake of saving money. It’s essential to find the best coverage at an affordable rate.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area