Cheapest 1998 Nissan 240SX Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 1, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better auto insurance rates? Consumers have options when looking for affordable Nissan 240SX insurance. They can either waste time calling around trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to get rate quotes.
There are more efficient ways to find auto insurance online so you’re going to learn the proper way to get price quotes for a Nissan and get the best price possible from both online companies and local agents.
The purpose of this post is to tell you how to effectively get price quotes and some money-saving tips. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using these methods. Consumers just need to learn the most effective way to shop online.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Quotes
Reducing your 1998 Nissan 240SX insurance rates doesn’t have to be difficult. Just spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rates from different insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
- The recommended way to get quotes for comparison is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This type of form prevents you from having to do separate quote forms for every auto insurance company. One form submission will get you price quotes from auto insurance companies with the best prices. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A less efficient way to obtain and compare quotes online consists of visiting the website for every company you want to comare to complete their respective quote request forms.
- The most time-consuming method of getting rate comparisons is driving to insurance agents’ offices. Buying insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the professional advice of a licensed agent. It is possible to find lower rates online and still use a local agent and we’ll cover that in a bit.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make absolute certain that you use exactly the same coverages for every quote you compare. If the quotes have different deductibles it’s not possible to determine the lowest rate for your Nissan 240SX.
Nissan 240SX rates influenced by many factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates enables informed choices that could result in better auto insurance rates.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Liability insurance protects assets – The liability section of your policy provides coverage in the event that a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. It provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- No coverage gaps is important – Not having insurance is a misdemeanor and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage will get you a revoked license or a big fine.Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping auto theft.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – The majority of insurance companies will award you with lower prices to insureds who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you still need to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may find a better deal by buying auto insurance from a different company.
Cut your premium with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help offset the cost. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but a few must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a driver safety course could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums on 240SX coverage.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Who is covered when they drive my 1998 Nissan 240SX?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance coverage specifics
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills like hospital visits, EMT expenses, X-ray expenses and prosthetic devices. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Nissan 240SX.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Frequently these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, fire damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage covers damage to your 240SX resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability auto insurance
This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims like court costs, structural damage and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Save for a rainy day
You just learned many ways to get a better price on 1998 Nissan 240SX insurance. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with a small mutual company.
Lower-priced insurance is attainable online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
To learn more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors affect the cost of insurance for a 1998 Nissan 240SX?
Several factors can influence the cost of insurance for a 1998 Nissan 240SX. The most common factors include the driver’s age, driving record, location, coverage limits, deductible amount, and the car’s value, safety features, and repair costs.
Are there any specific insurance discounts available for a 1998 Nissan 240SX?
Yes, various insurance companies offer discounts that may be applicable to a 1998 Nissan 240SX. Some common discounts include multi-policy discounts, safe driver discounts, anti-theft device discounts, and discounts for certain safety features like anti-lock brakes or airbags. It’s recommended to inquire about available discounts when obtaining insurance quotes.
Can I save money on insurance for a 1998 Nissan 240SX by increasing the deductible?
Yes, opting for a higher deductible can often result in lower insurance premiums. However, it’s important to consider whether you can comfortably afford the deductible amount in the event of a claim. It’s best to choose a deductible that strikes a balance between saving on premiums and ensuring you can cover the deductible if necessary.
Is it possible to reduce insurance costs for a 1998 Nissan 240SX by installing safety features?
Yes, adding safety features to your 1998 Nissan 240SX can potentially help reduce insurance costs. Insurance companies often offer discounts for vehicles equipped with certain safety features, such as anti-lock brakes, airbags, and anti-theft devices. Check with your insurance provider to determine which safety features may qualify for discounts.
How can I find the cheapest insurance for a 1998 Nissan 240SX?
To find the most affordable insurance for a 1998 Nissan 240SX, it’s advisable to compare quotes from multiple insurance companies. You can contact different insurers directly or utilize online comparison tools to get personalized quotes based on your specific circumstances. Remember to consider both the cost and the coverage offered before making a decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area