Cheapest 1997 Oldsmobile Silhouette Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest car insurance rates for your Oldsmobile Silhouette? Finding better rates for car insurance is difficult for beginners to buying insurance online. There are so many options available that it can turn into a ton of work to compare prices.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. This information will instruct you on the most effective way to quote insurance and some tricks to saving. Although car owners must understand the way insurance companies market insurance on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Insurance Coverage Quote Comparison
There are multiple methods to compare 1997 Oldsmobile Silhouette insurance coverage prices and some are more efficient than others. You could waste a few hours discussing policy coverages with agents in your area, or you could use the web to get pricing more quickly.
Most major companies participate in a marketplace that allows shoppers to only type in their quote data once, and at least one company returns a competitive quote based on the submitted data. This saves time by eliminating quote requests for each company you want a rate for. To compare pricing click to open in new window.
One minor caviat to doing it this way is buyers cannot specifically choose which insurance companies you want pricing from. So if you want to select specific providers to request quotes from, we put together a list of the cheapest insurance coverage companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
Which method you use is up to you, but make darn sure you compare the exact same coverage limits and deductibles with every price quote. If the quotes have unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be impossible to make an equal comparison. Just a small difference in limits could mean much higher rates. And when quoting insurance coverage, remember that comparing more company’s prices gives you a better chance of getting the best price.
Cut your insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers may be able to get better insurance rates for Silhouette insurance.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in school.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Car insurance companies that may offer some of the above discounts are:
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not apply in your state.
Some factors that can determine what Oldsmobile Silhouette insurance costs
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate rates.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect higher rates. Auto insurance companies give cheaper rates to people who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Being married is a good thing – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on auto insurance. Marriage translates into being more responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you in the event that a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean men are worse drivers. They both are in accidents in similar percentages, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, vandalism, and windstorm damage. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be for Silhouette insurance.
- With age comes lower rates – Mature drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel. Young drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Occupations such as real estate brokers, architects and accountants tend to pay higher rates than average because of stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, occupations like pilots, athletes and the unemployed have the lowest average rates for Silhouette insurance.
You are unique and your insurance coverage should be too
When buying the best insurance coverage coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Auto insurance coverages 101
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Auto liability insurance
This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 100/300/100 that means you have a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like emergency aid, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical services and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like a broken windshield, theft and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This covers damage to your Silhouette caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Oldsmobile Silhouette.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for bills for EMT expenses, doctor visits and rehabilitation expenses. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
One last thing
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to shop for 1997 Oldsmobile Silhouette insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions and policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area