Compare 1998 GMC Safari Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Overpriced GMC Safari insurance can overdraw your bank account and make it hard to pay other bills. Comparison shopping is free and is an excellent way to tighten up your finances. Since consumers have many insurance companies to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to choose the best car insurance company.
Consumers should take time to take a look at other company’s rates every six months since insurance rates change frequently. Just because you had the best rates on Safari insurance a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the things you must know in order to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Free Quotes for Auto Insurance
Getting better 1998 GMC Safari auto insurance pricing can be quick and easy. Consumers just need to invest a few minutes getting comparison quotes provided by online insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
Probably the best way consumers can analyze rates would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This form prevents you from having to do repetitive form entry for every auto insurance company. Taking the time to complete one form gets rate comparisons from auto insurance companies with the best prices.
A more time consuming way to get quotes online requires visiting each individual company website to complete a price quote. For instance, let’s assume you want to compare rates from USAA, Liberty Mutual and Travelers. You would have to visit each site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
However you get your quotes, ensure you’re using identical coverage information on every quote. If you have mixed coverages it will be very difficult to decipher which rate is best.
Why your GMC Safari insurance rates may be high
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine the rates you pay for insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower insurance prices.
The following are some of the items that factor into your rates.
- Discounts for married couples – Getting married can get you a discount on your insurance policy. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature and responsible and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Mature drivers pay less – More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims and are safer drivers. Teenage drivers are known to get distracted easily when driving and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women cause accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Car features impact rates – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder auto theft.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are a ton of additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your insurance policy. Coverages for roadside assistance, accidental death and membership fees are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Your insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like judges, business owners and financial analysts are shown to have higher average rates in part from stressful work requirements and long work days. Conversely, jobs such as actors, engineers and performers pay the least on Safari insurance.
- Too many insurance claims drive up costs – If you file claims often, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies provide lower rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
These discounts can slash car insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise all available discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the more hidden car insurance savings. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% on Safari insurance with select insurance companies.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could trigger savings when buying car insurance on Safari insurance.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get better car insurance rates on Safari insurance.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Safari insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you could get a free car insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- American Family
- State Farm
Before buying, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply in your area.
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Auto insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of insurance can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays for damage to your Safari from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a ditch, rolling your car and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as theft, fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and vandalism. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 which means a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, legal defense fees, loss of income and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for expenses such as dental work, chiropractic care, funeral costs, prosthetic devices and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Shop around and save
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price.
Cheaper 1998 GMC Safari insurance is possible online as well as from independent agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area