Cheapest 1998 Jeep Wrangler Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 10, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Buyers have many options when searching for low-cost Jeep Wrangler insurance. You can either spend your time driving around trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons. There are both good and bad ways to buy car insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Jeep and obtain the lowest possible price either online or from local insurance agents.
It’s a good habit to take a look at other company’s rates at least once a year because insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates for Wrangler coverage last year you can probably find a better price now. Starting now, block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we’re going to show you the proper way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Best discounts on 1998 Jeep Wrangler coverage
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every available discount very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on insurance coverage. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off for Wrangler coverage with certain companies.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for Wrangler coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Companies that possibly offer these discounts include:
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- State Farm
Check with each company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not be available in your state.
How to Lower Your Insurance Coverage Cost
Finding a lower price on 1998 Jeep Wrangler insurance is surprisingly easy. The only requirement is to take a couple of minutes getting comparison quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The best way to get quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison like this one (opens in new window). This easy form saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for. One form submission will get you price quotes instantly. Just one form and you’re done.
- A more time consuming way to compare prices is spending the time to visit the website of each company and request a quote. For instance, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from GEICO, Safeco and Farmers. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular.To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
Whichever method you choose, compare the exact same coverage limits on every quote you get. If you have different liability limits it’s impossible to determine the best price for your Jeep Wrangler.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Is my Jeep Wrangler covered if I use it for business?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Car insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like vandalism, falling objects, hitting a bird and fire damage. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability insurance – This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as structural damage, legal defense fees and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Jeep Wrangler.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Medical expense insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for expenses like ambulance fees, doctor visits, prosthetic devices, rehabilitation expenses and X-ray expenses. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage – Collision coverage covers damage to your Wrangler from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a mailbox and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
You can do this!
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund and denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to get a better price on 1998 Jeep Wrangler insurance. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even find the lowest premiums are with a small local company.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
More tips and info about car insurance is located by following these links:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area