Cheapest 1998 Toyota Sienna Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 1, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Have you had enough of trying to scrape together enough money to buy car insurance? You’re in the same situation as millions of other consumers.
There is such a variety of car insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
It is always a good idea to compare rates periodically due to the fact that insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the best deal for Sienna insurance six months ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to find out the best methods to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is not that difficult. Basically, everyone who has to buy insurance coverage will more than likely be able to find better rates. But vehicle owners benefit from understanding how companies price online insurance and use this information to your advantage.
The most recommended method to compare rates is to know most of the larger companies participate in a system to quote your coverage. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give the companies some data like how much coverage you want, which vehicles you own, whether or not you need a SR-22, and whether you are single or married. Those rating factors gets transmitted to multiple auto insurance providers and they provide comparison quotes within a short period of time.
To start a quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
What coverages do I need?
When choosing adequate coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions may help highlight if you could use an agent’s help.
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 1998 Toyota Sienna to commute?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Auto insurance coverages and their meanings
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverage types found on most auto insurance policies.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Toyota Sienna.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Liability – This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 that means you have a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as structural damage, funeral expenses, attorney fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses such as hospital visits, EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses and ambulance fees. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage – This will pay to fix damage to your Sienna resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox, sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with a tree and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from getting keyed, damage from a tornado or hurricane and vandalism. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors affect the cost of insurance for a 1998 Toyota Sienna?
Several factors can influence the cost of insurance for a 1998 Toyota Sienna, including the following:
- Age and driving history of the primary driver
- Location of the insured vehicle
- Annual mileage and usage
- Vehicle’s safety features and anti-theft devices
- Insurance coverage and deductible amounts chosen
- Claims history of the insured driver
- Insurance company’s rating and pricing policies
Are older vehicles like the 1998 Toyota Sienna generally cheaper to insure?
Generally, older vehicles tend to have lower insurance costs compared to newer models. The 1998 Toyota Sienna’s age can contribute to lower insurance premiums, as its market value is typically lower, which reduces the potential claim payout for the insurer. However, other factors, such as the vehicle’s safety ratings and repair costs, may also affect the insurance rates.
Are there any specific insurance discounts available for a 1998 Toyota Sienna?
Many insurance companies offer various discounts that could potentially apply to a 1998 Toyota Sienna. Some common discounts include:
- Multi-vehicle discount: Insuring multiple vehicles with the same insurer may result in a discount.
- Safe driver discount: If the primary driver has a clean driving record, they may qualify for a safe driver discount.
- Anti-theft device discount: Installing an approved anti-theft device in your Sienna could result in a discount.
- Bundling discount: Combining your auto insurance with other policies, such as home or renters insurance, may lead to a discount.
- Good student discount: If the primary driver is a student with good grades, they may be eligible for this discount.
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 1998 Toyota Sienna?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 1998 Toyota Sienna, consider the following tips:
- Shop around and compare quotes from multiple insurance providers to find the best rates.
- Maintain a clean driving record and consider taking defensive driving courses to demonstrate responsible driving habits.
- Increase your deductible, but make sure you can afford the out-of-pocket cost if you need to make a claim.
- Ask about available discounts, such as multi-vehicle, safe driver, or bundling discounts.
- Consider dropping optional coverage if your vehicle’s value is low and the coverage is not required by law.
Are there any specific coverage options I should consider for a 1998 Toyota Sienna?
When choosing insurance coverage for your 1998 Toyota Sienna, consider the following options:
- Liability coverage: This is typically required by law and covers bodily injury and property damage to others in an accident you are at fault for.
- Collision coverage: Covers damages to your Sienna resulting from a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive coverage: Protects against non-collision incidents, such as theft, vandalism, or damage from natural disasters.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: Provides coverage if you’re involved in an accident with a driver who has insufficient or no insurance.
- Medical payments coverage: Covers medical expenses for you and your passengers in the event of an accident, regardless of fault.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area