How Much Does 1998 Volvo V70 Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better insurance rates for your Volvo V70? Paying for high-priced Volvo V70 insurance can empty your personal savings, especially in this economy. Comparison shopping is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to tighten up your finances. Big-name insurance companies like GEICO and Progressive promote their brand names with catchy ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
You should make it a habit to take a look at other company’s rates every six months since insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on V70 insurance on your last policy you may be paying too much now. Starting now, block out anything you think you know about insurance because we’re going to show you one of the best ways to find lower rates on insurance.
If you are insured now or need a new policy, you can use this information to find the best rates while maximizing coverage. Finding affordable coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. Consumers just need to learn the most efficient way to find the lowest price online.
Why your Volvo V70 insurance rates may be high
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that come into play when calculating insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” that factor into premiums.
- Too many insurance claims drive up costs – Insurance companies give discounts to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Most companies will give a discount to insureds who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Where you live – Choosing to live in a small town can be a good thing when buying insurance. Drivers in populated areas regularly have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer people means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Liability insurance is the protection when you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – Driving more miles each year the higher your rate. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage is rated on the proper vehicle usage. If your policy improperly rates your V70 may be costing you.
- Never go without insurance – Driving with no insurance is a misdemeanor and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time.
All major insurance companies quote coverage prices on the web. Getting online rates doesn’t take a lot of time as you simply type in your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. Behind the scenes, the system orders your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information based on these factors. Online price quotes simplifies rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit a lot of sites and type in the same information is repetitive and time-consuming. But it’s very important to do this in order to find lower prices.
An easier way to find better insurance pricing is to use a quote form that analyzes rates from a bunch of companies at once. It’s a real time-saver, eliminates repetitive work, and makes online price comparison much easier to do. As soon as you send your information, your coverage is rated and you are able to buy any of the price quotes you receive. If the quotes result in lower rates, you simply finish the application and buy the policy. It can be completed in less than 10 minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
To save time and find out how much you’re overpaying now, click here to open in new window and input your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. This way, you will have rate comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Drivers can’t get away from ads that promise big savings by GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. They all make the same claim about savings if you move to their company.
But how can every company say the same thing?
Different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For instance, a preferred risk could be between the ages of 30 and 50, a clean driving record, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will save a lot of money.
Drivers who are not a match for the requirements must pay a higher premium which leads to business not being written. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently make those claims. This illustrates why it’s extremely important to get as many comparisons as possible. It is impossible to predict the company that will provide you with the cheapest Volvo V70 insurance rates.
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the more common as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% on V70 insurance with select insurance companies.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts until age 25.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts, click this link.
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When choosing the best insurance coverage coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Specific coverage details
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as a broken windshield, hail damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, fire damage and hitting a bird. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like X-ray expenses, chiropractic care, surgery and ambulance fees. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as medical services, legal defense fees and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like scraping a guard rail, crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Spend less. Save more.
As you shop your coverage around, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Affordable 1998 Volvo V70 insurance can be purchased online as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area