Cheapest 1999 Acura TL Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 3, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better insurance rates for your Acura TL? Shopping for the lowest cost insurance over the internet is problematic for consumers not familiar with comparison shopping online. With so many choices of companies in the marketplace, how can you possibly compare every company to locate the lowest rates?
How to save on 1999 Acura TL insurance
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise all available discounts very clearly, so here is a list both well-publicized and also the lesser-known insurance savings.
- E-sign – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application over the internet.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may receive a discount up to 10% for TL insurance.
- No Charge for an Accident – A few companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more for TL insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course in driver safety could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
For a list of companies who offer insurance discounts, click here.
These factors can influence Acura TL insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you. If your Acura TL earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are many extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying on your 1999 TL policy. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, accidental death and membership fees may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea initially, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Letting your insurance expire is a sure-fire way to pay more for car insurance. And not only will your rates increase, but not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection when you are found liable for damages from an accident. It provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. The more money you have to pay, the lower your rates will be for TL insurance.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – Driving more miles in a year’s time the higher your rate. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Cars used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your car insurance coverage shows the proper vehicle usage. If your policy improperly rates your TL can cost quite a bit.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Is my 1999 Acura TL covered for smoke damage?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Is my Acura TL covered if I use it for business?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Car insurance coverages for an Acura TL
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like surgery, hospital visits, nursing services and chiropractic care. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your TL resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as damaging your car on a curb, rolling your car and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability insurance covers claims like medical services, loss of income, medical expenses, funeral expenses and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your 1999 Acura TL.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hitting a deer, falling objects, a broken windshield and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Make an honest buck
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured cut full coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to lower your 1999 Acura TL insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Lower-priced insurance is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional detailed information is located in these articles:
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors contribute to the cost of insurance for a 1999 Acura TL?
Several factors can influence the cost of insurance for a 1999 Acura TL. These may include the age and condition of the vehicle, the driver’s age and driving record, the location where the car will be driven, the coverage options selected, and the insurance provider’s individual pricing policies.
Is the insurance cost for a 1999 Acura TL typically higher or lower compared to newer car models?
In general, insurance costs for older car models like the 1999 Acura TL tend to be lower than for newer models. This is because older vehicles typically have a lower market value, which can result in lower insurance premiums. However, other factors such as the vehicle’s safety features, repair costs, and popularity among thieves can also affect insurance rates.
Can I save money on insurance for a 1999 Acura TL by opting for minimum coverage?
Opting for minimum coverage may reduce your insurance premium for a 1999 Acura TL, but it is important to consider the potential risks involved. Minimum coverage often only meets the legal requirements, providing limited protection in the event of an accident. It’s advisable to carefully assess your needs and consider additional coverage options that may better protect you and your vehicle.
Are there any discounts available for insuring a 1999 Acura TL?
Insurance providers may offer various discounts that can help lower the cost of insuring a 1999 Acura TL. These discounts can include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts (if you have other insurance policies with the same provider), anti-theft device discounts, and more. It’s recommended to check with different insurance companies to explore the available discounts and find the best options for your situation.
Can modifying a 1999 Acura TL impact insurance rates?
Modifying a 1999 Acura TL can potentially affect insurance rates. Modifications that enhance the vehicle’s performance, increase its value, or make it more susceptible to theft may result in higher insurance premiums. It’s essential to inform your insurance provider about any modifications made to the vehicle to ensure accurate coverage and pricing.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area