2000 Acura TL Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 10, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest insurance coverage rates? Buyers have a choice when searching for the lowest priced Acura TL insurance. They can either waste time calling around to get rate comparisons or use the internet to find the lowest rates. There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance coverage so we’re going to tell you the proper way to price shop coverage for your Acura and find the best price possible either online or from local insurance agents.
Consumers should take time to compare rates every six months since insurance rates are constantly changing. If you had the best deal on TL insurance a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate today. So just ignore everything you know about insurance coverage because you’re going to learn one of the easiest ways to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Factors determining your Acura TL insurance premium
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
Shown below are some of the items companies use to determine prices.
- Your credit rating is important – Having a bad credit score is a large factor in determining your rates. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit rating is low, you could save money insuring your 2000 Acura TL by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Special features that cut premiums – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping auto theft.
- Marriage brings a discount – Getting married actually saves money on your auto insurance policy. Marriage translates into being more mature and responsible and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as the least known auto insurance savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off on TL insurance depending on your company.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less on TL insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break on auto insurance on TL insurance.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of companies with discount auto insurance rates, follow this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Save $444 a year? Really?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for cheaper car insurance from companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies have a common claim of big savings if you change your policy.
But how can every company make almost identical claims?
All companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that is profitable for them. An example of a desirable insured could possibly be between 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” will qualify for the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Consumers who don’t meet this ideal profile will be quoted more money and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ads state “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That is how companies can truthfully state the savings. This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to compare many company’s rates. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest Acura TL insurance rates.
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- When should I not file a claim?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Who is covered by my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Liability insurance – This coverage can cover damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like bail bonds, court costs and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford.
Medical costs insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills for things like surgery, doctor visits, funeral costs and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision – Collision insurance pays for damage to your TL caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as vandalism, fire damage, theft and damage from flooding. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
UM/UIM Coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Acura TL.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Be a Smart Shopper
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to lower your 2000 Acura TL insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
When you buy insurance online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate.
To learn more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area