Cheapest 1999 BMW 5 Series Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 3, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Buying cheap insurance coverage online may be difficult for consumers new to shopping for insurance online. When there are so many online companies available, how can drivers even start to compare every company to locate the cheapest rates?
It’s a great practice to get comparison quotes yearly because rates change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on 5 Series insurance a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance coverage because you’re about to learn the easiest way to buy cheaper insurance coverage.
Compare Insurance Coverage Costs
There are multiple methods to compare 1999 BMW 5 Series insurance coverage quotes, but there is one way that is less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can waste a lot of time talking to insurance companies in your area, or you can stay home and use online quotes to achieve your goal.
All the larger companies enroll in a system that allows shoppers to complete one form, and every company can give them a price determined by their information. This eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions to each individual insurance coverage company. To compare 1999 BMW 5 Series rates now click to open in new window.
The only downside to pricing coverage this way is you can’t choose which carriers to get pricing from. If you prefer to choose individual companies to compare prices, we put together a list of low cost insurance coverage companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just double check that you are using exactly the same information for every quote you compare. If each company quotes different liability limits it will be next to impossible to make an equal comparison. Having just a slight variation in coverages may result in a large different in cost. Just remember that comparing more company’s prices helps locate the best rates.
Don’t miss these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find insurance savings.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may receive a discount up to 10% on 5 Series insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Good Student – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less compared to bad drivers.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A partial list of companies that may offer these discounts include:
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not apply in every state.
When might I need help?
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Specific coverage details
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things like damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses for things like pain medications, dental work, chiropractic care and EMT expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like medical expenses, pain and suffering, attorney fees and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your 1999 BMW 5 Series.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
More quotes. Lower rates.
Cheaper 1999 BMW 5 Series insurance is possible both online as well as from independent agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies don’t offer online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We just covered a lot of tips how to shop for insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the lowest rates come from an unexpected company.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, delays in paying claims, lack of trust in their agent and questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching insurance companies can be easier than you think.
More information is available below:
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 1999 BMW 5 Series?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 1999 BMW 5 Series, consider the following tips:
- Compare quotes: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare prices and coverage options.
- Opt for a higher deductible: Choosing a higher deductible can lower your premium, but make sure you can afford the deductible amount in case of an accident.
- Bundle policies: If you have other insurance policies (such as home or renters insurance), consider bundling them with your car insurance to potentially qualify for multi-policy discounts.
- Maintain a clean driving record: A good driving history without accidents or violations can help lower your insurance premium.
- Inquire about discounts: Ask the insurance provider about any available discounts, such as safe driver discounts, low mileage discounts, or discounts for having anti-theft devices installed in your vehicle.
Are older cars generally cheaper to insure?
In many cases, older cars can be cheaper to insure than newer models. This is because older cars generally have a lower market value, which means the insurance company would pay less to replace or repair the vehicle in the event of an accident. However, the cost of insurance is also influenced by other factors such as the car’s make and model, the driver’s age and driving history, the location, and the coverage options chosen. It’s important to compare insurance quotes for your specific car to get an accurate estimate.
What factors affect the cost of insurance for a 1999 BMW 5 Series?
Several factors can influence the cost of insurance for a 1999 BMW 5 Series. These may include:
- Age of the driver: Younger drivers often face higher insurance premiums due to their lack of driving experience.
- Driving history: A clean driving record with no accidents or violations generally results in lower insurance rates.
- Location: Insurance rates can vary depending on where you live. Areas with higher accident rates or higher crime rates may have higher insurance premiums.
- Coverage options: The type and level of coverage you choose can impact your insurance premium. Comprehensive coverage and lower deductibles may result in higher premiums.
- Vehicle condition: The overall condition of your 1999 BMW 5 Series, including its safety features and potential for theft, can affect insurance costs.
- Insurance provider: Different insurance companies may have varying rates and discounts, so it’s beneficial to compare quotes from multiple providers.
Can I get specialized classic car insurance for my 1999 BMW 5 Series?
Classic car insurance is typically available for vehicles that are considered collectible or have historical value. While a 1999 BMW 5 Series may be considered a classic by some, it is not generally categorized as a classic car by most insurance providers. However, it’s always recommended to check with insurance companies that specialize in classic car insurance to see if they offer coverage for your specific vehicle.
How can I save money on insurance without compromising coverage for my 1999 BMW 5 Series?
Here are some ways to save money on insurance for your 1999 BMW 5 Series without sacrificing coverage:
- Compare quotes: Obtain quotes from different insurance providers to ensure you’re getting the best price for the coverage you need.
- Raise your deductible: Increasing your deductible can lower your premium. Just make sure you can comfortably afford the higher deductible amount in case of a claim.
- Maintain a good credit score: Some insurance companies consider credit scores when calculating premiums. Improving your credit score can potentially lead to lower insurance rates.
- Take advantage of discounts: Ask your insurance provider about available discounts. These can include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, or discounts for installing anti-theft devices in your vehicle.
- Drive safely: Maintaining a clean driving record with no accidents or violations will help keep your insurance rates lower.
- Consider usage-based insurance: Some insurance companies offer usage-based policies that determine your premium based on your actual driving habits. If you’re a safe driver, this type of policy could potentially save you money.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area