Cheapest 1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 19, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Cutting costs on auto insurance can seem to be nearly impossible for people who are new to comparing rates online. Drivers have so many choices that it can quickly become a big hassle to find the best price.
If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to save some money using these techniques. The purpose of this post is to instruct you on how to effectively get price quotes and some money-saving tips. Nevertheless, drivers do need to learn the way companies determine prices and apply this information to your search.
Comprehensive Auto Insurance Comparison
Most major insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate quote pricing directly from their websites. The process is fairly straightforward as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system will order reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price determined by many factors.
Online quotes streamlines rate comparisons, but the time required to go to each company’s website and repetitively enter the same data into a form is not the best way to spend an afternoon. Unfortunately, it is important to do this if you are searching for the lowest possible prices on auto insurance.
An easier way to lower your auto insurance bill uses one form to obtain quotes from a bunch of companies at once. It’s a real time-saver, requires less work, and makes rate comparisons much more efficient. As soon as the form is sent, it is quoted and you can choose any of the resulting price quotes.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can simply submit the application and purchase the new policy. The whole process takes less than 15 minutes and may result in a nice savings.
If you want to find out how much you can save on auto insurance, click here to open in new window and enter your information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with the coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will be getting rate quotes based on identical coverages.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application over the internet.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will cut your premiums.
Car insurance companies that may have some of the above discounts are:
Before buying, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not be offered everywhere.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty is totaled?
- Should I rate my 1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty as pleasure use or commute?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Why you might be paying too much to insure your Ford F-250 Super Duty
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces that factor into your rates.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. Safer cars protect occupants better and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you. If your Ford F-250 Super Duty earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Liability coverage provides coverage if ever you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Pleasure use saves money – The more miles you rack up on your Ford in a year the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having the wrong rating on your F-250 Super Duty can result in significantly higher rates. Double check that your auto insurance policy shows how each vehicle is driven.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. They both are in accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – Your credit history is a important factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit score is not that good, you could pay less to insure your 1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty by repairing your credit. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit scores.
- Older drivers save more – Older insureds are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel. Young drivers are known to be more careless when behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on your policy. It translates into being more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
Specific coverages for a Ford F-250 Super Duty
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive coverage – This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hail damage, damage from getting keyed and hitting a deer. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage – This coverage covers damage to your F-250 Super Duty resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as hitting a mailbox, hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your 1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses for things like prosthetic devices, hospital visits, nursing services, rehabilitation expenses and EMT expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Auto liability insurance – This will cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims like structural damage, court costs, medical expenses and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Shop. Compare. Save.
Cost effective 1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty insurance is attainable on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund, delays in paying claims and even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to lower your insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area