Cheapest 1999 Honda Accord Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your Honda Accord? Finding lower rates for insurance coverage can seem to be a challenge for beginners to shopping for insurance online. People have so many options available that it can be a real hassle to find lower rates.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using this information. The purpose of this article is to instruct you on how car insurance quotes work and some tips to save money. But car owners do need to understand the way insurance companies price online insurance and use this information to your advantage.
Save with discounts on 1999 Honda Accord insurance
Companies don’t always publicize every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on insurance.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially compared to frequent claim filers.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% on Accord insurance depending on your company.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can save you money because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less on Accord insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a discount up to 10% on Accord insurance.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Companies that may offer these discounts include:
- Farm Bureau
- American Family
- State Farm
Before buying, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply in your area.
Comprehensive Insurance Comparison
Most companies such as State Farm and Allstate provide coverage prices directly from their websites. Obtaining pricing is fairly straightforward as you just type in the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. Upon sending the form, the company’s rating system obtains reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price determined by many factors.
Being able to quote online makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the time required to go to different websites and enter the same data into a form can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it’s very important to do this in order to find better insurance pricing.
An easier way to compare rates uses one form that analyzes rates from several companies at one time. It’s a real time-saver, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes online price comparison much more enjoyable and efficient. Immediately after submitting the form, it gets priced with multiple companies and you can pick any or none of the pricing results. If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. The whole process only takes a few minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To compare rates now, click here to open in new window and enter your vehicle and coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will receive comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
Factors that can influence insurance rates for a Honda Accord
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that help determine your insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings.
The following are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate your rates.
- How credit affects insurance coverage rates – A driver’s credit rating is a important factor in calculating your insurance coverage rates. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit history can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your 1999 Honda Accord by improving your rating.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Young drivers have a tendency to be less responsible when behind the wheel so insurance coverage rates are higher. Older insureds tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping car theft.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you if you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense coverage starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Too many insurance coverage claims drive up costs – Car insurance companies give discounts to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Having a spouse can actually save you money on your policy. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- High deductibles save money – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be running into the backend of another car, vandalism, and burglary. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive on Accord insurance.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying the best insurance coverage coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Should I buy full coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Auto insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate continually stream ads on television and other media. They all seem to say the same thing of big savings after switching to them. How does each company make the same claim?
All companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver they prefer to insure. A good example of a preferred risk could possibly be over the age of 50, is a homeowner, and has excellent credit. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” will qualify for the lowest rates and most likely will save when switching.
Drivers who don’t measure up to this ideal profile will be charged higher rates and ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings. That is why drivers should get as many quotes as possible. Because you never know which auto insurance company will have the lowest Honda Accord insurance rates.
Insurance coverages 101
Knowing the specifics of insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability can pay for things such as structural damage, funeral expenses, medical services, pain and suffering and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Accord from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door, damaging your car on a curb and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs, ambulance fees and prosthetic devices. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Honda Accord.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as fire damage, a broken windshield, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from flooding. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Save for a rainy day
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to shop for 1999 Honda Accord insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even high prices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
When you buy insurance online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Much more information about auto insurance can be found on the following sites:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance coverage rates for my 1999 Honda Accord?
Finding lower rates for insurance coverage can be challenging, but there are ways to save money. One option is to compare quotes from different insurance companies using online tools. By entering your zip code, you can view companies that offer cheap auto insurance rates for your Honda Accord.
Are there any discounts available for insurance coverage on a 1999 Honda Accord?
Many insurance companies offer discounts, although not all discounts apply to every coverage premium. Some discounts may only apply to specific types of coverage, such as physical damage or medical payments. It’s important to ask each prospective company about the discounts they offer and whether they are applicable in your area.
How can I compare insurance rates for a 1999 Honda Accord?
There are multiple ways to compare insurance rates. Most companies provide coverage prices directly on their websites, allowing you to obtain quotes by entering the desired coverage amount into their quote forms. However, this process can be time-consuming when you have to visit different websites and enter the same data repeatedly. An easier option is to use a single form that analyzes rates from several companies simultaneously. This saves time and provides you with multiple pricing results to choose from.
What factors can influence insurance rates for a Honda Accord?
Insurance companies consider various factors when determining insurance coverage rates. Some of the factors that can influence rates for a Honda Accord include the driver’s age, driving record, credit history, location, and the amount of coverage desired. Additionally, the vehicle’s make, model, year, and safety features may also affect insurance rates.
Do I need an insurance agent’s advice to determine the best coverage for my Honda Accord?
The best insurance coverage varies based on individual situations. It’s essential to tailor your coverage to your specific needs. If you’re unsure about which coverage options are suitable for you, it can be beneficial to consult a licensed insurance agent. They can provide personalized advice and help you navigate through different coverage choices.
How do insurance companies claim to offer big savings?
Insurance companies often advertise big savings when customers switch to their services. However, these claims are based on the company’s ability to choose preferred risk profiles. Preferred drivers, such as those over 50, homeowners, and individuals with excellent credit, may qualify for the lowest rates and significant savings. To find the best insurance rates, it’s crucial to obtain quotes from multiple companies and compare them.
What are some common insurance coverages and their purposes?
There are several types of insurance coverages with specific purposes. Here are a few examples:
- Liability insurance: This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you cause to others’ property or people.
- Collision coverage: It pays for damage to your Accord resulting from collisions with other vehicles or objects.
- Medical expense insurance: It covers short-term medical expenses, such as doctor visits, rehabilitation costs, and funeral expenses.
- Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers: This coverage protects you and your vehicle if the at-fault party doesn’t have liability insurance or has insufficient coverage.
- Comprehensive coverage: It pays for damage to your vehicle caused by events like theft, vandalism, or natural disasters.
These coverages may have deductibles and limits, and it’s important to understand their specifics when choosing the right insurance policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area