Cheapest 1999 Oldsmobile Alero Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Feel like you’re a prisoner to an overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me when I say there are lots of people in the same boat. Multiple car insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers and get the best coverage at the cheapest price
You should take the time to take a look at other company’s rates periodically because rates trend upward over time. Just because you found the best deal on Alero insurance a year ago you can probably find a better price now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to use online quotes to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Where Can I Get Cheap Insurance?
All the larger insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get price estimates directly from their websites. Obtaining pricing is fairly straightforward as you simply enter your coverage preferences into a form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system will order your driving record and credit report and returns a price quote based on these factors. Online price quotes streamlines rate comparisons, but the time it takes to visit multiple sites and fill out multiple forms can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s very important to get many rate quotes in order to find the best price possible.
A quicker way to compare rates uses one simple form to obtain quotes from a lot of companies. It’s a real time-saver, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes online quotes much more enjoyable. Immediately after you send the form, your coverage is rated and you can choose any of the quotes returned.
If you find a better price you simply finish the application and buy the policy. The whole process takes less than 15 minutes and may result in a nice savings.
In order to find out what other companies charge, simply click here to open in new window and submit the form. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate your coverages just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will get a price comparison using the exact same coverages.
Lower rates by qualifying for these seven discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, buy you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be asked for prior to getting the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get better car insurance rates on Alero insurance.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 simply for signing online.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
Companies who might offer these discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company how you can save money. Discounts might not be offered in every state.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When choosing adequate coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 1999 Oldsmobile Alero?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 1999 Oldsmobile Alero?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance coverages for a 1999 Oldsmobile Alero
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are typical coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 which stand for a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against things like loss of income, structural damage and court costs. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision insurance covers damage to your Alero from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like hail damage, damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hitting a bird. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses for funeral costs, EMT expenses and pain medications. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Knowledge is power
You just learned some good ideas how to compare 1999 Oldsmobile Alero insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Low-cost insurance can be purchased on the web in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
Additional learning opportunities
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 1999 Oldsmobile Alero?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 1999 Oldsmobile Alero, consider the following tips:
- Compare quotes: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare prices and coverage options.
- Choose a higher deductible: Opting for a higher deductible can lower your premium but make sure you can afford the deductible amount in case of a claim.
- Maintain a clean driving record: Safe driving habits and avoiding traffic violations can help lower your insurance costs.
- Look for discounts: Inquire about available discounts such as multi-policy discounts, good driver discounts, or discounts for safety features in your vehicle.
- Consider usage-based insurance: Some insurers offer usage-based insurance programs where your premium is based on your actual driving habits. If you have a low annual mileage, this option might help you save money.
What factors affect the cost of insurance for a 1999 Oldsmobile Alero?
Several factors can influence the cost of insurance for a 1999 Oldsmobile Alero, including:
- Your location: Insurance rates can vary based on your location due to factors like local crime rates and accident statistics.
- Your driving record: A clean driving record typically leads to lower insurance premiums.
- Vehicle condition: The condition of your vehicle and its safety features can impact insurance costs.
- Coverage options: The type and amount of coverage you choose will affect your insurance premium.
- Deductible amount: A higher deductible often results in a lower premium, but you should consider your ability to pay the deductible in case of a claim.
- Insurance provider: Different insurance companies may offer varying rates and discounts.
Are there any specific insurance requirements for a 1999 Oldsmobile Alero?
Insurance requirements vary by jurisdiction. However, in most places, liability insurance is typically required for all registered vehicles. Liability insurance helps cover the costs of injuries or property damage you may cause to others in an accident. It’s important to check the specific insurance requirements in your location to ensure compliance with local laws.
Can I get classic car insurance for my 1999 Oldsmobile Alero?
Classic car insurance is generally designed for vehicles that are older and considered collectible or of historical value. While a 1999 Oldsmobile Alero may hold sentimental value for some, it may not qualify for classic car insurance. Classic car insurance typically has specific eligibility criteria regarding the age, condition, and limited usage of the vehicle. It’s recommended to reach out to insurance providers specializing in classic car insurance to inquire about their specific requirements.
Is it worth getting comprehensive and collision coverage for a 1999 Oldsmobile Alero?
The decision to get comprehensive and collision coverage for a 1999 Oldsmobile Alero depends on various factors, including the value of the vehicle and your personal circumstances. Here are some considerations:
- Vehicle value: If your Alero has a low market value, the cost of comprehensive and collision coverage may not be worthwhile.
- Personal circumstances: If you rely heavily on your vehicle and could not easily afford repairs or replacement in case of an accident or damage, comprehensive and collision coverage may provide added peace of mind.
- Lender requirements: If you have a loan or lease on the vehicle, the lender may require comprehensive and collision coverage until the loan is paid off. It’s recommended to assess your individual situation and discuss the options with your insurance provider to determine if comprehensive and collision coverage is right for you.
How can I lower my insurance premiums for a 1999 Oldsmobile Alero?
Here are some strategies to potentially lower your insurance premiums:
- Increase your deductible: Opting for a higher deductible can lower your premium. However, ensure you can afford the deductible amount if you need to file a claim.
- Maintain a good driving record: Avoid accidents and traffic violations, as a clean driving record often leads to lower insurance premiums.
- Seek out discounts: Inquire about available discounts such as multi-policy discounts (insuring multiple vehicles or bundling home and auto insurance), good student discounts (if applicable), or discounts for safety features in your Alero.
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare prices and coverage options. Each company has its own pricing structure and discounts, so shopping around can help you find the best rate.
- Consider reducing coverage: Evaluate the coverage options you currently have and determine if any can be reduced. However, make sure you maintain the necessary coverage required by law and protect your financial well-being.
What are the coverage options I should consider for my 1999 Oldsmobile Alero?
When considering coverage options for your 1999 Oldsmobile Alero, it’s important to understand the following types of coverage:
- Liability coverage: This coverage is typically required by law and helps protect you financially if you cause injuries or property damage to others in an accident.
- Collision coverage: This coverage helps pay for repairs to your Alero if it is damaged in a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive coverage: This coverage helps pay for repairs or replacement if your Alero is damaged by something other than a collision, such as theft, vandalism, or natural disasters.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: This coverage helps protect you if you’re involved in an accident with a driver who has insufficient or no insurance.
- Medical payments coverage: This coverage helps pay for medical expenses for you and your passengers after an accident, regardless of who is at fault. It’s important to assess your needs, budget, and the value of your vehicle when choosing coverage options for your Alero.
How can I ensure I’m getting the best insurance coverage for my 1999 Oldsmobile Alero?
To ensure you have the best insurance coverage for your 1999 Oldsmobile Alero, consider the following steps:
- Assess your needs: Determine the level of coverage you require based on factors such as the value of your Alero, your budget, and your personal circumstances.
- Research insurance providers: Look for reputable insurance providers with good customer reviews and a history of reliable claims handling.
- Obtain multiple quotes: Obtain quotes from different insurance companies to compare coverage options and prices.
- Review policy details: Carefully read and understand the terms, conditions, and coverage limits of each policy you consider. Pay attention to any exclusions or limitations that may affect you.
- Consult with an agent: If you have specific questions or concerns, consider speaking with an insurance agent who can provide guidance and help you make an informed decision. By conducting thorough research, comparing options, and understanding your needs, you can make an informed choice to secure the best insurance coverage for your Alero.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area