Cheapest 1999 Subaru Legacy Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Have you had enough of robbing Peter to pay Paul to buy car insurance? You are no different than many other consumers. Since consumers have many car insurance companies to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to pick the most cost effective provider.
How to Get Cheap Insurance Coverage
Cutting your insurance coverage rates isn’t really that difficult. All that’s required is to invest a little time comparing rates online with multiple companies. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- One of the best ways to get quotes is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This method keeps you from doing separate quote forms for each company you want a rate for. One form gets you price quotes from multiple companies.
- A more difficult way to shop for insurance coverage online requires you to visit the website for each individual company to request a price quote. For example, we’ll pretend you want to compare Allstate, Esurance and Liberty Mutual. To find out each rate you need to visit each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
- The hardest way to get comparison rates is to drive around to different agent offices. The internet has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the professional guidance of a licensed agent. It is possible to find lower rates online and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll touch on that later.
However you get your quotes, make absolute certain that you use identical quote information with every price quote. If you enter higher or lower deductibles you will not be able to make an equal comparison.
Pay less for 1999 Subaru Legacy insurance
Companies don’t always advertise every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- One Accident Forgiven – A few companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Subaru could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- College Student – Youth drivers who are attending college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A partial list of companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
Check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not apply everywhere.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions could help you determine whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Parts of your car insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of car insurance aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are typical coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Subaru Legacy.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as falling objects, hitting a deer and hitting a bird. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property in an accident. It protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 which means a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims like medical services, bail bonds, loss of income and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses for things like funeral costs, doctor visits, pain medications, surgery and chiropractic care. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Legacy resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area