View 1999 Toyota 4Runner Car Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower car insurance rates? Consumers have options when looking for affordable Toyota 4Runner insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents getting price quotes or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are more efficient ways to buy car insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to compare rates for a new or used Toyota and get the lowest possible price from both online companies and local agents.
It is always a good idea to price shop coverage before your policy renews since rates are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the best rates on 4Runner insurance two years ago you may be paying too much now. So just forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we’re going to show you the easiest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
This information will tell you how to effectively get price quotes and some tips to save money. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. Consumers just need to understand how to compare rates online.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but a few need to be manually applied in order for you to get them. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your policy on 4Runner insurance.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application on their website.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Accident Waiver – Some insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates on 4Runner insurance.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for switching policies before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
Insurance companies who might offer these discounts include:
Double check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply everywhere.
Compare Car Insurance Today
Reducing your 1999 Toyota 4Runner insurance rates is actually quite simple. All you need to do is invest a few minutes to compare rate quotes online from several insurance companies. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The fastest way to get the best comparison quotes is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This method prevents you from having to do repetitive form entry for each company you want a rate for. Taking the time to complete one form gets you coverage quotes from all major companies.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- Another way to analyze rates is to take the time to go to the website for each individual company to complete their respective quote request forms. For sake of this example, let’s say you want rates from Auto-Owners, GEICO and Farmers. To find out each rate you need to visit each site to input your insurance information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but ensure you’re using apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles for every company. If your comparisons have different values for each quote then you won’t be able to decipher which rate is best.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When choosing the best car insurance coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When should I not file a claim?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Coverages available on your auto insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses like X-ray expenses, rehabilitation expenses, nursing services, surgery and hospital visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Toyota 4Runner.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hail damage, falling objects and a broken windshield. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for collisions
This pays for damage to your 4Runner resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
This can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims like legal defense fees, funeral expenses, pain and suffering and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Save your cold hard cash
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can compare 1999 Toyota 4Runner insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the lowest premiums are with the smaller companies.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price.
Low-cost insurance can be found online and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance coverage companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area