Cheapest 1999 Volkswagen Jetta Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Having to pay for overpriced insurance coverage can dwindle your bank account, especially in this economy. Comparing price quotes is free and is an excellent way to tighten up your finances.
Since consumers have many choices of insurance companies, it’s nearly impossible to locate the best insurance company.
This information will tell you how to get online quotes and some money-saving tips. If you have car insurance now, you will be able to save some money using this strategy. But car owners do need to understand the methods companies use to sell online and apply this information to your search.
Compare the Market for Car Insurance
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways of comparing price quotes and find the best price. The easiest way to find the lowest 1999 Volkswagen Jetta rates involves getting comparison quotes online. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
- The fastest way consumers can analyze rates is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This method keeps you from doing separate quote forms for each company you want a rate for. A single form will get you price quotes direct from many companies.
- A more difficult way to obtain and compare quotes online requires a trip to the website for each individual company and request a quote. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from Allstate, GEICO and Travelers. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
- The least efficient way of comparing rate quotes is driving around to different agent offices. Shopping for car insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the trained guidance of a local agent. You can, however, price shop online but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll touch on that later.
Which method you use is up to you, but ensure you’re using apples-to-apples coverage limits for each price quote. If you have differing limits it’s not possible to decipher which rate is best. Slightly different coverage limits may result in large price differences. Just keep in mind that comparing more company’s prices helps you find the best rates.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- What is no-fault insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Auto insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Collision coverage covers damage to your Jetta from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like driving through your garage door, hitting a mailbox, colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills for funeral costs, surgery, rehabilitation expenses and dental work. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like falling objects, vandalism, theft and rock chips in glass. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability auto insurance
This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as pain and suffering, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, legal defense fees and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area