Cheap 2000 Chevrolet Prizm Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper auto insurance rates for your Chevrolet Prizm? Finding cheaper insurance for a Chevy Prizm can be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks and make it easy.
There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance and we’ll show you the proper way to quote coverages for a new or used Chevy and get the lowest possible price from both online companies and local agents.
It’s important to get comparison quotes occasionally because prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the lowest price on Prizm insurance on your last policy you will most likely find a better rate today. So just forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn how to use online quotes to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you have a current insurance coverage policy or are just looking to switch companies, you will benefit by learning to find the best rates and still get good coverage. Shopping for affordable insurance coverage is simple if you know the tricks. Consumers only need an understanding of the most effective way to compare prices online.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about prior to getting the savings. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for reduced rates on Prizm insurance.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
Insurance companies that may offer these benefits include:
Double check with each company how you can save money. Discounts may not be available in your area.
Some factors that can determine what Chevy Prizm insurance costs
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings.
- Your location is important – Being located in a rural area can save you money when talking about auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Lower population means reduced accidents.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs such as doctors, social workers and stock brokers tend to pay the highest rates attributed to stressful work requirements and long work days. On the other hand, professions such as pilots, students and homemakers have the lowest average rates on Prizm insurance.
- Being married can save on auto insurance – Being married actually saves money on auto insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more mature than a single person and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money – There are a lot of add-on coverages that can waste your money when buying auto insurance. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness and term life insurance may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a sure-fire way to pay more for auto insurance. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart auto theft.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes are in accidents in similar numbers, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Everyone needs different coverages
When choosing coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Ads can be misleading
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for cheaper car insurance by Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all have a common claim that you can save if you move to their company.
But how can every company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that makes them money. A good example of a preferred risk could be between 30 and 50, is a homeowner, and has a high credit rating. Any new insured who fits that profile will get the preferred rates and most likely will save a lot of money.
Drivers who fall outside the requirements will have to pay higher premiums which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads state “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save money. That’s the way insurance companies can advertise the savings.
Because of the profiling, drivers must get as many comparisons as possible. It’s impossible to know which company will provide you with the cheapest Chevy Prizm insurance rates.
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things such as emergency aid, funeral expenses, medical services, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverage protection
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills for rehabilitation expenses, surgery and chiropractic care. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like rock chips in glass, hail damage and fire damage. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Smart shoppers get results
Cost effective 2000 Chevy Prizm insurance is possible online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
When you buy insurance online, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent or even not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
Other learning opportunities
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area