Cheapest 2000 Toyota Tacoma Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you overwhelmed by the dozens of insurance choices? Many other drivers are as well. You have so many options that it can be a challenge to find the best price.
If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to save some money using these techniques. The purpose of this post is to help you learn how car insurance quotes work. But drivers must learn how big insurance companies market insurance on the web and apply this information to your search.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise all their discounts very well, so the following is a list of both the well known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for signing up before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house can help you save on auto insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Toyota can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Distant Student – Children who are attending college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
Insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts include:
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not be available everywhere.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Insurance myths debunked
Insurance providers like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm consistently run ads in print and on television. They all make an identical promise that you can save if you change to their company. How does each company claim to save you money?
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver that earns them a profit. A good example of a profitable customer might be profiled as over the age of 50, insures multiple vehicles, and has a high credit rating. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential insureds who fall outside this ideal profile must pay a higher premium and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. That’s why companies can advertise the savings. This illustrates why you should quote coverage with many companies. It’s not possible to predict the company that will give you the biggest savings on Toyota Tacoma insurance.
Insurance coverages and their meanings
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your 2000 Toyota Tacoma.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance covers damage to your Tacoma caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things like scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability insurance covers claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, structural damage, pain and suffering and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses for things like pain medications, EMT expenses, hospital visits, doctor visits and chiropractic care. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Get your money’s worth
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal and even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right insurance coverage provider is actually quite simple.
While you’re price shopping online, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an insured cut collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate.
Cheaper 2000 Toyota Tacoma insurance can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get the best value for my money when shopping for insurance coverage?
While price is important, it’s crucial not to skimp on coverage just to save money. Make sure to purchase sufficient coverage at an affordable rate. Compare quotes online and consider both online insurers and independent agents to have a wide selection. Look for reputable companies, check their customer reviews, and evaluate their claims process and customer service to make an informed decision.
What are some common insurance coverages and their meanings?
- Comprehensive Insurance: Pays for damage to your vehicle that is not caused by a collision, such as damage from flooding or a falling tree branch.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage: Provides protection when the other driver lacks sufficient liability coverage to cover your injuries or damage.
- Collision Insurance: Covers damage to your Tacoma caused by a collision with another object or car.
- Liability Car Insurance: Covers injuries or damage you cause to others, protecting you against their claims.
- Medical Payments/Personal Injury Protection (PIP): Pays for short-term medical expenses resulting from an accident, such as hospital visits and medications.
What are some reasons drivers switch insurance companies?
Drivers switch insurance companies for various reasons, including:
- High rates after DUI convictions: Some insurers may significantly increase rates for drivers with DUI convictions.
- No premium refund: If an insurer doesn’t offer a refund for unused portions of a policy, drivers may consider switching to a company that does.
- Policy non-renewal: If an insurer decides not to renew a policy, drivers may need to find coverage with another company.
- Delays in paying claims: If an insurer consistently delays or denies valid claims, drivers may choose to switch to a company with a better claims process.
How can I find cheaper 2000 Toyota Tacoma insurance?
To find cheaper insurance for your 2000 Toyota Tacoma, consider the following tips:
- Compare online and independent agents: Get quotes from both online insurers and local independent agents to have a wider selection of options.
- Don’t compromise coverage for savings: While it’s important to find affordable rates, make sure you maintain adequate coverage for your needs.
- Research and read reviews: Look for reputable insurance companies and check customer reviews to ensure they have a good track record of customer satisfaction.
- Evaluate claims process and customer service: Consider the ease and efficiency of the claims process and the quality of customer service provided by the insurance companies you’re considering.
How can I save money on my 2000 Toyota Tacoma insurance premiums?
To potentially lower your insurance premiums for a 2000 Toyota Tacoma, consider the following:
- Increase deductibles: Opting for higher deductibles can lead to lower premiums, but ensure you can afford the out-of-pocket expenses in case of a claim.
- Maintain a clean driving record: Avoid traffic violations and accidents to maintain a good driving record, which may lead to lower rates over time.
- Bundle policies: If you have other insurance policies, such as home or renters insurance, bundling them with your auto insurance may result in discounts.
- Inquire about discounts: Ask your insurance provider about available discounts, such as safe driver discounts, multi-vehicle discounts, or loyalty discounts.
- Drive fewer miles: If you reduce your annual mileage, you may qualify for lower rates, as lower mileage typically indicates less exposure to risk.
Can I get insurance coverage for a 2000 Toyota Tacoma if I have a poor credit history?
Yes, it’s generally possible to obtain insurance coverage for a 2000 Toyota Tacoma even if you have a poor credit history. However, it’s important to note that some insurance companies may consider credit history as a factor when determining rates. Shopping around and comparing quotes from different insurers can help you find a company that offers competitive rates regardless of your credit history.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area