Compare 2017 Toyota Tacoma Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 3, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Buyers have lots of choices when searching for the best price on Toyota Tacoma insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to get rate quotes.
There are more efficient ways to find auto insurance online so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to price shop coverage for a Toyota and locate the lowest possible price from both online companies and local agents.
How much is insurance?
There are a lot of ways to compare insurance quotes, but some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can spend your afternoon talking to local insurance agents in your area, or you could use the internet to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
All the larger companies belong to an insurance system that allows shoppers to enter their coverage request one time, and each company can provide price quotes based on that data. This eliminates the need for quote forms for each company. To participate in this free quote system, click to open in new window.
Which method you use is up to you, but try to use nearly identical coverage data on every quote you get. If the quotes have mixed coverages it will be nearly impossible to determine which rate is truly the best.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Some insurance providers do not advertise all their discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the more common as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower insurance coverage rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your car insurance quote.
- Discount for Good Grades – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Toyota can earn substantially lower prices.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you the cheapest car insurance.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially compared to frequent claim filers.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- 21st Century offers discounts including theft prevention, homeowners, 55 and older, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and driver training.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple policy, defensive driving training, accident-free, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and anti-theft.
- AAA has discounts for AAA membership discount, multi-car, education and occupation, good student, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include new move discount, safety features, hybrid vehicle, newly married, exclusive group savings, preferred payment discount, and new graduate.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online signing.
Get Toyota Tacoma insurance cheaper
Many things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other criteria are more obscure like where you live or how safe your car is.The best way to find cheaper insurance coverage is to take a look at the different types of things that aid in calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find cheaper rates.
Listed below are some of the major factors companies use to determine premiums.
- Marriage is a bonus – Having a wife or husband may save some money on insurance coverage. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
- Buy a safe car and pay less – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If your Toyota Tacoma has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Car plus home equals more savings – The majority of companies give a discount to policyholders that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it’s always a smart idea to comparison shop to ensure the best deal. It’s possible to still save money even if you insure with multiple companies
- Gender impacts costs – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that females are better at driving than males. Males and females tend to get into fender benders at a similar rate, but the men tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive insurance coverage rates.
- High coverage deductibles equal low rates – Deductibles for physical damage tell how much you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are rearending another vehicle, vandalism, and damage from wind. The larger the amount the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance coverage on Tacoma coverage.
- City dwellers may pay more – Residing in areas with lower population has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer people means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Residents of big cities have to deal with more auto accidents and more severe claims. Higher commute times means more chance of being in an accident.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions might point out whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2017 Toyota Tacoma?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Specifics of your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage covers damage to your Tacoma caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for liability
This will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things like legal defense fees, loss of income and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills like pain medications, prosthetic devices and nursing services. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hitting a bird, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and theft. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Quote more. Save more.
People leave their current company for many reasons like poor customer service, policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver or delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching auto insurance companies can be less work than you think.
We just showed you many ways to lower your 2017 Toyota Tacoma insurance car insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company.
Budget-conscious 2017 Toyota Tacoma insurance can be found online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agencies.
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area