Cheapest 2000 Volkswagen Golf Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 27, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Consumers have many options when looking for affordable Volkswagen Golf insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents to compare prices or utilize the internet to compare rates.
There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance so you’re going to learn the quickest way to price shop coverage on a Volkswagen and obtain the cheapest rates from both online companies and local agents.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to find better prices and still get good coverage. The purpose of this post is to introduce you to the most effective way to quote insurance and some money-saving tips. Vehicle owners only need to know the proper way to find the lowest price over the internet.
Insurance Coverage Quote Comparison
Getting a lower price on 2000 Volkswagen Golf insurance can be relatively painless. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes comparing price quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- The single most time-saving way to find low rates is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This method prevents you from having to do separate quotes for every insurance coverage company. Just one form will return price quotes from insurance coverage companies with the best prices. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A more time consuming way to compare prices requires a trip to the website for every company you want to comare and complete a new quote form. For example, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from Nationwide, State Farm and Liberty Mutual. You would have to visit each site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
- The least efficient method of comparing rate quotes is to drive around to insurance agents’ offices. Buying insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the professional advice of a licensed agent. Drivers can price shop your coverage online but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll talk about that later.
However you get your quotes, be sure to compare exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits with every price quote. If you have unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be very difficult to truly determine the lowest rate.
Pay less for Volkswagen Golf insurance
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but a few need to be inquired about before being credited. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount on Golf coverage with certain companies.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Sign Online – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing online.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% off your medical payments premium.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will help reduce your premiums.
Companies that may have these money-saving discounts are:
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply everywhere.
Lesser-known factors impacting Volkswagen Golf insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that go into determining your auto insurance rates. Understanding what influences your rates enables informed choices that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Men fork out a little more – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Both sexes tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. It provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- One company can mean more discounts – Some companies give discounts to insureds who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Where you live is a factor – Residing in less populated areas can be a good thing when buying auto insurance. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. City drivers tend to have much more traffic to deal with and longer commutes to work. Longer commute distances translates into higher accident risk.
- More claims means more premium – If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies generally give better rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Pay less after the wedding – Being married can get you a discount on auto insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature than a single person and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Volkswagen scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping auto theft.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Is my Volkswagen Golf covered if I use it for business?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Do drivers who switch really save $494 a year?
Consumers can’t get away from ads that promise big savings by companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads make an identical promise about savings after switching to them.
How can each company claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that is profitable for them. For example, a desirable insured could possibly be between 30 and 50, a clean driving record, and chooses high deductibles. A propective insured that hits that “sweet spot” is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Consumers who don’t meet the “perfect” profile must pay higher prices which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. That is how insurance companies can make those claims.
This illustrates why it is so important to compare many company’s rates. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings on Volkswagen Golf insurance.
Detailed coverages of your insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive coverage – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as rock chips in glass, damage from flooding and a broken windshield. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Liability coverage – Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims such as medical services, attorney fees and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses like X-ray expenses, surgery, prosthetic devices and ambulance fees. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Collision – Collision coverage covers damage to your Golf resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like scraping a guard rail, hitting a parking meter, sideswiping another vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Shop around and save
Budget-conscious 2000 Volkswagen Golf insurance is attainable both online as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
We just covered a lot of ways to compare insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the best price on insurance coverage is with a small local company.
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, poor customer service, policy cancellation and even policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area