View 2017 Volkswagen Golf GTI Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 17, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Scraping up a payment for high-priced Volkswagen Golf GTI insurance can dry up your savings, especially in this economy. Comparing price quotes is a fast and free way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
Lots of insurers contend for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurer and get the definite lowest price
You should take the time to shop coverage around every six months because insurance coverage rates change frequently. If you had the best premium rates for Golf GTI insurance a couple years back a different company probably has better prices today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance coverage because you’re going to get a crash course in one of the easiest ways to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
If you have a current insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, you will benefit by learning to shop for the lowest rates while maximizing coverage. Finding the best rates is quite easy. Drivers just need to understand the best way to buy insurance online.
Compare car insurance rate quotes online
Comparing car insurance rates can be exhausting if you don’t know the easiest way. You could waste a few hours talking to local insurance agents in your area, or you can utilize the web to get pricing more quickly.
Many popular insurance companies belong to a marketplace where prospective buyers enter their coverage request one time, and at least one company returns a competitive quote based on that information. This saves time by eliminating quote requests for each company.
To find out what other companies charge click here (opens in new window).
The one disadvantage to comparing rates this way is you cannot specify the companies you will receive quotes from. So if you want to select individual companies to compare, we have a page of the cheapest car insurance companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
The approach you take is up to you, just ensure you’re using apples-to-apples coverage limits for each quote you get. If you use higher or lower deductibles it will be nearly impossible to make a fair rate comparison.
Get lower-cost insurance coverage rates with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% for Golf GTI insurance with select insurance companies.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Good Student Discount – This discount may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Early Signing – Some insurance coverage companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with one company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles could be rewarded with lower insurance coveragerates on the low mileage vehicles.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works. Any amount of discount will help lower your insurance coverage premiums.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- GEICO may include discounts for five-year accident-free, military active duty, good student, anti-theft, defensive driver, federal employee, and emergency military deployment.
- USAA offers discounts for defensive driver, vehicle storage, safe driver, loyalty savings, good student, family discount, and driver training.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- American Family may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, accident-free, good student, Steer into Savings, and defensive driver.
- Esurance includes discounts for anti-theft, paid-in-full, good student, Pac-12 alumni, online shopper, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include pay in full, bundle discounts, multi-car, mature driver, business and professional, and switch companies.
- State Farm has discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, student away at school, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, good student, and accident-free.
If you are trying to find affordable insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. For a list of insurance companies that offer multiple discounts, click this link.
Learn how to lower your insurance prices
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but other criteria are less apparent like where you live or your commute time.
- How much liability do you need? – Liability coverage provides coverage in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- Higher deductibles are cheaper – Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be collision with another vehicle, fire damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The larger the amount you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive for Golf GTI insurance.
- Always have insurance coverage – Letting your insurance expire can be a fast way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a license revocation or jail time. You will then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state motor vehicle department.
- Add-on coverages push up rates – There are a ton of optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed when buying insurance coverage. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem good when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
- Gender is a factor – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Both genders cause fender benders in similar percentages, but men tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers have the highest risk to insure and are penalized with high insurance coverage rates.
- When should you not file a insurance coverage claims? – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies generally give better rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- How many miles do you drive? – The higher the miles on your Volkswagen in a year’s time the higher your rate. A lot of companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos not used for work or commuting receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. Make sure your insurance coverage declarations sheet properly reflects the correct driver usage. A policy that improperly rates your Golf GTI is throwing money out the window.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions might point out if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2017 Volkswagen Golf GTI?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of car insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the usual coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things such as hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from getting keyed, falling objects, a broken windshield and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Volkswagen Golf GTI.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability insurance covers things like pain and suffering, medical services, attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses such as X-ray expenses, pain medications, chiropractic care and funeral costs. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Never pay more for less
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Low-cost 2017 Volkswagen Golf GTI insurance can be purchased both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not offer rates over the internet and these smaller providers only sell through local independent agents.
More tips and info about car insurance is available in these articles:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area