Lower Your 2001 BMW M3 Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding cheap car insurance over the internet is somewhat difficult for beginners to online price comaprisons. With a ridiculous number of online companies, how can drivers have a chance to compare them all to find the best available price?
Pricing the best auto insurance coverage is not that difficult. In a nutshell, every vehicle owner who carries auto insurance most likely will be able to cut their insurance bill. But consumers need to learn how insurance companies determine prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
Discounts on BMW M3 insurance
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% on M3 insurance with select insurance companies.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
Insurance companies that may offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not be available in your area.
BMW M3 insurance premiums are calculated by many factors
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that help determine your insurance rates. Understanding what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with better insurance rates.
- An active claims history can cost you – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies award cheaper rates to insureds who are claim-free. Car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – Credit history is a big factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit rating is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2001 BMW M3 by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower credit scores.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your BMW. Examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are required to spend before your insurance pays a claim. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the less your insurance will be on M3 insurance.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are a ton of extra coverages that you can buy on your insurance policy. Things like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good initially, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- With age comes lower rates – Teen drivers are known to be more careless behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates. Adding a young driver onto your insurance can be very expensive. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2001 BMW M3 is worth?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- What is no-fault insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Insurance coverages 101
Learning about specific coverages of insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance pays for damage to your M3 caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims such as rolling your car, driving through your garage door, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive protection – This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as fire damage, damage from flooding and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your BMW M3.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Auto liability – This coverage will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 50/100/50 that means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things like structural damage, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, court costs and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible.
Medical expense coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for bills for things like surgery, doctor visits and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
In the end, you save
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal, high prices or denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Lower-priced 2001 BMW M3 insurance is attainable from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional insurance information can be found at the links below
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area