2001 Ford Explorer Sport Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 22, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Expensive insurance can overdraw your savings account and put a big crunch on your finances. Shopping your coverage around is free and is an excellent way to make sure you’re not throwing money away. Drivers have multiple auto insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, having more auto insurance companies makes it harder to compare rates and find the lowest cost insurance.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes once or twice a year since insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Explorer Sport insurance last year there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the tricks you need to know to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Finding the best protection is not that difficult. If you have a policy now or need a new policy, you can use this information to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Drivers only need to know the tricks to compare prices on the web.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the trick almost all companies have advanced systems to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including whether you are single or married, how much you drive, whether you drive to work or school, and types of safety features. Those rating factors is then sent to all major companies and they provide comparison quotes within a short period of time.
To find lower rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
Cut your premium with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but some must be specifically requested before you get the savings. If you’re not getting every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums on Explorer Sport insurance.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Explorer Sport insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will give a small break simply for signing over the internet.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will help reduce your premiums.
To see a list of providers offering car insurance discounts, click here.
Impacting insurance rates for a Ford Explorer Sport
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help determine the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Knowing what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Lower rates come with age – Young drivers tend to be less responsible when driving so insurance coverage rates are higher. Adding a young driver to your insurance coverage policy can really hurt. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent car theft.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection if ever a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- One company can mean more discounts – The majority of insurers will give a discount to customers who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money. Consumers may find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Is my Ford Explorer Sport covered if I use it for business?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
The fine print in insurance coverage ads
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for cheaper car insurance by companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to have a common claim that you’ll save big if you change to them.
But how can every company make almost identical claims?
All the different companies can use profiling for the right customer that earns them a profit. A good example of a driver they prefer might be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no prior claims, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” will get the preferred rates and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Potential customers who are not a match for these standards will be quoted higher premiums which leads to the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save money. This is how insurance companies can make the claims of big savings.
This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to compare as many rates as you can. You cannot predict which company will have the lowest Ford Explorer Sport insurance rates.
Auto insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are typical coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as falling objects, damage from getting keyed and hitting a bird. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Most of the time these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage covers damage to your Explorer Sport caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like driving through your garage door, rolling your car, crashing into a ditch, hitting a mailbox and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability insurance – This coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 100/300/100 which stand for a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things like funeral expenses, structural damage and medical services. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Medical expense insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills for things like X-ray expenses, hospital visits, dental work, pain medications and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
A penny saved is a penny earned
In this article, we presented many ideas to compare 2001 Ford Explorer Sport insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the most savings is with a small local company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Discount insurance is definitely available both online and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
More information is available at these links:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area