Cheapest 2002 Chevrolet Blazer Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 7, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Chevrolet Blazer? Most people do not enjoy paying for insurance coverage, particularly when the cost is too high.
Consumers have many car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s nice to have a choice, it can be more than just difficult to find the lowest rates.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is not that difficult. If you currently have car insurance, you should be able to lower your premiums using this information. Nevertheless, vehicle owners must learn how the larger insurance companies compete online and take advantage of how the system works.
Best Discounts on 2002 Chevy Blazer Coverage
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as the least known car insurance savings.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- E-sign – A few companies will give a small break simply for signing digitally online.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount on Blazer coverage with select insurance companies.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for car insurance on Blazer coverage.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies would be unable to optimize their profits. Do not assume that if most of the discounts available do happen to apply to you, your car insurance rates will be lowered to the point of having to pay nothing, as this just will not happen. It is likely that they will lower the cost substantially, however.
For a list of insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts, click this link.
Cheap Auto Insurance Comparisons
All major auto insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive give insurance quotes online. Getting quotes is quite easy as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, the company’s rating system gets your credit score and driving record and quotes a price. Being able to quote online helps simplify price comparisons, but the time it takes to visit many different websites and complete many quote forms can be a bit repetitive. Unfortunately, it is important to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the best price possible.
The smarter way to lower your rates is to use a quote form that gets prices from more than one company. It saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes online shopping much more enjoyable. Immediately after you send the form, it is rated and you can select any one of the quotes that you receive. If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. This process can be completed in a matter of minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
If you want to compare rates now, we have a form on this page. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive a fair comparison for similar insurance coverage.
How to Equip Yourself With the Coverage You Need
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage coverage for your vehicle, there really is no best way to insure your car. Everyone’s situation is a little different and the variety of policies available perhaps reflect that the best. The value of a 2002 Chevy Blazer will be less than a newer model, and as more expensive cars typically have higher insurance rates, it is likely to assume you’d save more on your auto coverage with this type of car. These are some specific questions that may point out if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- If my 2002 Chevy Blazer is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2002 Chevy Blazer?
- Are there companies that specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an agent.
Coverages Available On Your Policy
Knowing the specifics of an insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. It protects YOU against other people’s claims and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
The coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage protects against things such as pain and suffering, medical services, court costs, structural damage, and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Chevy Blazer.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is an important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism, and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like a broken windshield, theft, falling objects, hitting a deer and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Blazer caused by a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible, and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with a tree, hitting a parking meter, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a mailbox, and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Personal Injury Protection and Medpay
Medical payments and personal injury protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like nursing services, ambulance fees, dental work, doctor visits, and surgery. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay.
Shop Smarter Not Harder
In this article, we presented a lot of tips on how to reduce 2002 Chevy Blazer prices for insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big-name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price.
Much more information about insurance coverage is located below:
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find cheaper insurance coverage rates for my 2002 Chevrolet Blazer in 2023?
To find cheaper insurance coverage rates for your 2002 Chevrolet Blazer, you can follow these steps:
- Start by comparing quotes from multiple insurance companies. Enter your ZIP code in the provided form on this page to use the free quote tool and receive quotes from different companies.
- Make sure to take advantage of available discounts. While not all discounts may apply to your situation, some can substantially lower your rates. Check with the insurance companies for any discounts they offer.
- Consider using a quote tool that gathers prices from multiple companies. This can save time and effort by allowing you to compare rates from different insurers in one place.
- Compare rates using the same information. When comparing rates, input the same coverage limits and deductibles as your current policy to ensure a fair comparison.
What insurance discounts are available for my 2002 Chevrolet Blazer?
The available insurance discounts for your 2002 Chevrolet Blazer may vary depending on the insurance provider. Common discounts include multi-policy discounts, safe driver discounts, anti-theft device discounts, and loyalty discounts.
Keep in mind that not all discounts will apply to every policy, and they may only reduce the cost of specific coverages. Ask each insurance provider you’re considering what discounts they offer.
How do I compare auto insurance rates from different companies?
Most major auto insurance companies, such as Allstate and Progressive, provide online insurance quotes. You can visit their websites and enter the requested coverage amounts to receive a quote.
However, visiting multiple websites and completing multiple quote forms can be time-consuming. A more efficient method is to take advantage of online quote comparison tools, such as our free online tool, in which you can obtain quotes from top insurance companies simultaneously. Just enter your ZIP code to get started.
What coverages should I consider when insuring my 2002 Chevrolet Blazer?
The specific coverages you need for your 2002 Chevrolet Blazer may vary depending on your circumstances. However, here are some common coverages found in most insurance policies:
- Liability: This coverage protects you against claims for damages or injuries you cause to others. It typically includes limits for bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident, and property damage.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: This coverage protects you and your vehicle if you are involved in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver.
- Comprehensive: This coverage protects against damage caused by events like theft, vandalism, or natural disasters.
- Collision: Collision coverage pays for damage to your vehicle caused by a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and Medpay: These coverages provide coverage for medical expenses resulting from an accident, including hospital bills and other medical services.
How can I shop smarter for auto insurance?
To shop smarter for auto insurance, consider the following tips:
- Obtain multiple quotes from different insurance companies to compare rates.
- Don’t solely focus on well-known companies; smaller companies may offer competitive rates as well.
- Ensure you have adequate coverage for your needs and don’t reduce coverage solely to lower premiums.
- Take advantage of available discounts offered by insurance companies.
- Review your coverage periodically and consider updating it if your circumstances change.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area