View 2005 Chevrolet Blazer Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 10, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out. Insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance increase brand awareness with catchy ads and consumers find it hard to avoid their marketing magic and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Smart consumers take time to do rate comparisons occasionally since rates change regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on Blazer coverage a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. There is a lot of bad advice regarding car insurance on the internet, so with this article, you’re going to get some great ideas on how to quit paying high car insurance rates.
Where Can I Get Cheap Insurance Coverage?
All the larger insurance coverage companies quote pricing online. Getting online quotes is pretty easy as you just enter your personal and coverage information into the quote form. After you submit the form the company’s rating system automatically orders reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information. Online quotes makes comparing rates easy, but the time required to go to a lot of sites and type in the same information gets old quite quickly. Unfortunately, it is important to do this in order to find better prices.
Rate comparisons made easy
A less time-consuming method to get multiple rate quotes makes use of a single form to get prices from many companies. It saves time, eliminates form submissions, and makes rate comparisons much simpler. After your information is entered, it is quoted and you can choose any one of the returned quotes.
If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and purchase the new policy. The whole process can be completed in a matter of minutes and you will know how your current rates stack up.
To get comparison pricing now, simply click here to open in new window and submit the form. To compare your current rates, we recommend you duplicate the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will have an apples-to-apples comparison for similar coverage.
Lesser-known factors impacting Chevy Blazer insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help determine your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are many additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Blazer policy. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, accidental death and membership fees are some examples. They may seem like a good idea initially, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Always keep insurance in force – Letting your insurance expire will be a fast way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will your rates increase, but not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your policy. Having a significant other translates into being more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Chevy from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive on Blazer coverage.
- Liability coverage protects you – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you in the event that you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Many car insurance companies provide better rates to policyholders who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to shop around to ensure the best deal. You may still find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
Don’t miss these discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, buy you may qualify for discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but less common discounts must be requested specifically in order for you to get them. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Student in College – Kids in college living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Accident Forgiveness – Certain companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house may trigger a insurance policy discount because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less on Blazer coverage than less cautious drivers.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will reduce your overall premium however.
For a list of insurance companies with the best insurance discounts, click here to view.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
When might I need help?
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions could help you determine if you could use an agent’s help.
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2005 Chevy Blazer?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- When should I not file a claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance coverage considerations
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the usual coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Insurance for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like surgery, rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs, ambulance fees and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Auto liability – This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things such as attorney fees, structural damage, court costs and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage pays for damage to your Blazer resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a ditch and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Blazer.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as vandalism, rock chips in glass and hitting a bird. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Be a Smart Shopper
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best price.
Low-cost 2005 Chevy Blazer insurance is available online as well as from independent agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies don’t offer online quoting and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can save on insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Additional information is located at these links:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area