Cheapest 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better auto insurance rates for your Chevrolet Cavalier? Scraping up a payment for overpriced Chevrolet Cavalier insurance can overdraw your personal savings and force you to prioritize other expenses. Doing a price comparison is a great way to lower your monthly bill.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance promote their brand names with advertising and consumers find it hard to see past the corporate glitz and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Your Chevy Cavalier insurance rate is a complex equation
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that go into determining your auto insurance rates. Knowing what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into rates.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Men and women are in accidents at about the same rate, but the males have costlier accidents. They also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Letting your insurance expire is a quick way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. The more money you’re willing to pay, the less your auto insurance will be on Cavalier coverage.
- More miles equals more premium – The more you drive in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Make sure your auto insurance policy properly reflects the correct driver usage. Incorrect usage on your Cavalier can result in significantly higher rates.
- Liability coverage protects you – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. It will provide for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars protect occupants better and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Chevy scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – Young drivers are known to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher. Older insureds are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart car theft.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
When shopping for insurance there are multiple ways of comparing rates from different insurance companies. The best way to find competitive 2002 Chevy Cavalier insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The fastest way to find the lowest comparison rates is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This method saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions to each individual insurance company. Filling out one form will get you price quotes from all major companies.
- A more difficult way to obtain and compare quotes online requires a trip to each individual company website and complete a new quote form. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want rates from State Farm, Esurance and Liberty Mutual. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site to enter your coverage information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
- The hardest method to get comparison rates is driving to local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a need for the professional guidance of a local agent. It is possible to compare online quotes and get advice from an agent in your area.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just double check that you are using identical coverage limits for every quote you compare. If the quotes have differing limits it will be impossible to determine the best price for your Chevy Cavalier. Having just a slight variation in limits may result in a large different in cost. It’s important to know that quoting more will increase your chances of finding the best rates.
Don’t miss these discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. Most are applied at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Cavalier coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for switching to them before your current policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course in driver safety could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Drivers Education – Have your child enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Chevy can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you could get a free car insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will reduce your premiums.
To see a list of companies with the best car insurance discounts, click here.
When might I need help?
When choosing the best insurance coverage coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is the ISO rating for a 2002 Chevy Cavalier?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area.
Knowing the specifics of your policy aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as theft, vandalism and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills such as funeral costs, doctor visits and ambulance fees. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance covers damage to your Cavalier resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like damaging your car on a curb, hitting a mailbox and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things such as bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and medical services. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Smart shoppers get results
In this article, we presented many ways to lower your 2002 Chevy Cavalier insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Low-cost insurance can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not provide online quoting and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Even more information can be found in these articles:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest auto insurance rates for a 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier in 2023?
To find the cheapest auto insurance rates for your 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier, you can enter your zip code below to view companies that offer cheap auto insurance rates. It is recommended to compare quotes from different insurance companies to increase your chances of finding the best rates.
What factors influence my Chevy Cavalier insurance rates?
Several factors can affect your auto insurance rates for a Chevy Cavalier. These factors include your driving record, age, location, credit score, the coverage options you choose, and the deductible amount. Understanding these factors can help you make changes that may lead to better auto insurance rates.
How can I compare insurance rates from different companies?
When shopping for insurance, you have multiple ways to compare rates from different companies. One of the most convenient methods is to obtain rate quotes online. Ensure that you use identical coverage limits for every quote you compare to accurately determine the best price for your Chevy Cavalier. Quoting from multiple companies increases your chances of finding the best rates.
Are there any discounts available for auto insurance?
Yes, there are discounts available to help offset the cost of insuring your vehicles. Most discounts are applied at the time of purchase, but some may require inquiry before receiving the savings. It’s important to note that some credits apply only to specific insurance coverages, such as medical payments or collision, and not the overall policy cost. While you may not get a completely free car insurance policy, any amount of discount will reduce your premiums.
When might I need assistance in choosing insurance coverage?
Selecting the right insurance coverage depends on your personal situation, and there isn’t a one-size-fits-all plan. If you find it challenging to answer questions related to your insurance needs, it may be beneficial to consult an agent. An agent can provide guidance based on your specific circumstances and help you determine the coverage that suits you best.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area