Cheapest 2002 GMC Envoy Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better car insurance rates for your GMC Envoy? Having to pay for overpriced car insurance can empty your personal savings and put a big crunch on your finances. Doing a price comparison is free and is an excellent way to help make ends meet.
Popular companies such as Allstate, Progressive and GEICO continually bombard you with ad campaigns and it can be hard to ignore the promise of big savings and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to save some money using these tips. Finding affordable coverage is not that difficult. But consumers must learn the way insurance companies sell insurance online because it can help you find the best coverage.
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes from insurance companies in your area. By far the easiest way to find competitive 2002 GMC Envoy insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The best way to get the best comparison quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This form eliminates the need for separate quotation requests for every insurance company. One form submission will return price quotes direct from many companies.
- Another way to shop for insurance online requires you to visit each company’s website to complete their respective quote request forms. For example, let’s assume you want to compare Auto-Owners, Safeco and Farmers. To find out each rate you need to visit each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
Whichever method you choose, compare apples-to-apples coverages with each company. If you enter different values for each quote then you won’t be able to make an equal comparison. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when comparing insurance rates, know that comparing a large number of companies helps locate lower pricing.
Take these nine discounts and save
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there are discounts available to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before being credited.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts compared to bad drivers.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in high school.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less for Envoy insurance than less cautious drivers.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
A partial list of companies that may have some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask each company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your area.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions may help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Does my 2002 GMC Envoy need full coverage?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance coverages 101
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the normal coverages available from auto insurance companies.
This will cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims like bail bonds, loss of income, medical services and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your GMC Envoy.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for expenses for things like ambulance fees, prosthetic devices, chiropractic care, EMT expenses and pain medications. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hitting a deer, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird and falling objects. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Make an honest buck
We covered many ways to lower your 2002 GMC Envoy insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from an unexpected company. They may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
Cheap insurance can be purchased on the web and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional information can be found at these links:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find cheap auto insurance rates for my 2002 GMC Envoy?
There are a couple of different ways to compare rate quotes from insurance companies in your area. The easiest way is to obtain rate quotes online. You can do this by entering your ZIP code on the website and using the free quote tool. Comparing quotes from different companies will help you find the best coverage at an affordable price.
Are there any discounts available to lower my auto insurance rates?
Yes, there are discounts available that can significantly reduce the price of your auto insurance. Some discounts may be automatically applied when you get a quote, while others may need to be requested. Examples of discounts include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, and discounts for certain safety features on your vehicle. It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company about the discounts they offer to find out how you can save money.
How do I choose the best coverage for my vehicles?
There isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage that applies to everyone. The coverage you need depends on your personal situation. To determine the best coverage for your vehicles, consider factors such as your budget, the value of your vehicle, and your risk tolerance. If you’re unsure about the coverage you need, it may be helpful to speak with an insurance agent who can provide personalized recommendations.
What are the common coverages available in auto insurance policies?
Auto insurance policies typically offer several common coverages. These include:
- Liability coverage: Covers damage or injury you cause to others.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage: Protects you if you’re involved in an accident with a driver who doesn’t have enough insurance.
- Collision coverage: Pays for damage to your vehicle resulting from a collision with another object or vehicle.
- Medical payments coverage and Personal Injury Protection (PIP): Covers medical expenses for you and your passengers.
- Comprehensive coverage: Pays for damage to your vehicle from non-collision events, such as theft, vandalism, or natural disasters.
It’s important to understand these coverages and their limits when choosing your auto insurance policy.
What should I consider when choosing an insurance policy for my 2002 GMC Envoy?
When choosing an insurance policy for your 2002 GMC Envoy, consider factors such as the level of coverage you need, your budget, and your specific circumstances. Evaluate the required liability coverage in your state, as well as any additional coverage options that would provide adequate protection for your vehicle. It’s also important to review the policy terms, deductibles, and any exclusions or limitations before making a decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area