Cheapest 2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 14, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower auto insurance rates? Consumers have a choice when looking for the best price on GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or use the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a better way to shop for auto insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to compare rates for a new or used GMC and find the lowest possible price from local insurance agents and online providers.
Consumers should take time to check auto insurance prices yearly since insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on SierraHD coverage a couple years back you may be paying too much now. There is a lot of bad information regarding auto insurance on the internet, so with this article, you’re going to get some tested techniques to find cheap auto insurance.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these tips to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. The purpose of this article is to tell you how to effectively get price quotes and some money-saving tips. Drivers just need to understand the proper methods to compare rates online.
Compare Quotes for Insurance
All major insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive give coverage price quotes on the web. Getting quotes is quite simple as you just enter your coverage information into a form. Once you submit the form, their system will order your driving and credit reports and generates a price based on these and other factors.
Online quotes helps simplify price comparisons, but the time it takes to visit different websites and type in the same information gets old quite quickly. But it’s very important to do this in order to get the best price on insurance.
The easiest way to compare rates uses one simple form that gets price quotes from multiple companies. It saves time, requires less work, and makes online quotes much simpler. Immediately after you send the form, your coverage is rated and you are able to buy any of the pricing results. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can click and sign and buy the new coverage. The entire process only takes a few minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, click here to open in new window and enter your vehicle and coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This guarantees you’re receiving rate comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
You probably qualify for some discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every available discount very well, so we researched some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies will give a small break just for signing your application digitally online.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may receive reduced rates on SierraHD coverage.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on SierraHD coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A partial list of companies who might offer these discounts are:
- 21st Century
- State Farm
- The Hartford
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your state.
There’s no such thing as the perfect policy
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- What is no-fault insurance?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Is my trailer covered?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Educate yourself about insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like bail bonds, structural damage, medical services and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your 2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like X-ray expenses, ambulance fees, hospital visits, nursing services and prosthetic devices. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as a broken windshield, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer and falling objects. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
This coverage covers damage to your Sierra 2500HD caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims such as scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door, crashing into a building and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Buy online or local, you save
Lower-priced 2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance can be found online and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy non-renewal and even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area