2002 Mazda Protege5 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 4, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest insurance rates? Consumers have lots of choices when looking for the lowest priced Mazda Protege5 insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to compare rates. There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to price shop coverage on a Mazda and locate the best price possible from both online companies and local agents.
If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these techniques to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. This information will help educate you on how to get online quotes and some tricks to saving. Drivers only need to know the best way to get comparison quotes online.
Quick Auto Insurance Quotes
Getting better 2002 Mazda Protege5 auto insurance pricing is not rocket science. All you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer to compare rate quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- The first (and easiest) way to compare a lot of rates at once is an all-inclusive rate comparison like this one (opens in new window). This method eliminates the need for multiple quote forms to each individual auto insurance company. One simple form will get you rate comparisons instantly. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- A more difficult way to get quotes online requires you to visit the website for every company you want to comare to request a price quote. For instance, we’ll pretend you want to compare GEICO, Safeco and State Farm. You would have to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just compare identical deductibles and coverage limits for each comparison quote. If you have mixed coverages it will be very difficult to find the best deal for your Mazda Protege5.
Take these ten discounts and save
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the more common and the harder-to-find car insurance savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies will give a small break simply for signing on their website.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
To see a list of providers with the best car insurance discounts, click here.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When buying the best auto insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance coverage specifics
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Mazda Protege5.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills such as EMT expenses, dental work, ambulance fees, hospital visits and prosthetic devices. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
This coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like pain and suffering, structural damage and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane and fire damage. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your Protege5 from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims such as scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Shop. Compare. Save.
Discount 2002 Mazda Protege5 insurance is attainable online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured cut collision coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim or even high prices. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area