2003 Mazda Protege5 Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 4, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower insurance coverage rates? Buyers have a choice when searching for the best price on Mazda Protege5 insurance. You can either waste hours calling around trying to get quotes or use the internet to get rate quotes.
There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance coverage so we’re going to tell you the proper way to compare rates for a Mazda and find the cheapest rates either online or from local insurance agents.
This article will introduce you to the best way to quote coverages and some money-saving tips. If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to save some money using these tips. Drivers just need to know the proper way to get comparison rates online.
Finding Insurance Deals
There are a lot of ways to shop for insurance, but some are more efficient than others. You can spend countless hours talking about coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you could use the internet to quickly compare rates.
Many of the larger companies take part in a program that allows shoppers to complete one form, and each participating company then returns a price quote based on that data. This prevents consumers from doing form submissions to each company. To submit your quote information now, click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to pricing coverage this way is you are unable to specify the providers to get quotes from. So if you prefer to choose individual companies to compare rates, we have a page of low cost insurance companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
Whichever method you choose, compare identical coverage limits and deductibles for every quote you compare. If your comparisons have unequal deductibles or liability limits you can’t possibly determine the best price for your Mazda Protege5.
Be sure to get all your discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but some must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less on Protege5 coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Driver Safety – Completing a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Resident Student – Children who live away from home and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of providers with the best auto insurance discounts, click this link.
Mazda Protege5 rates influenced by many factors
It’s important that you understand the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower insurance coverage prices.
Shown below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Even one moving violation may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates than bad drivers. If you have serious violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage may earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations such as lawyers, executives and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates because of high stress levels and long work hours. Other professions such as pilots, historians and homemakers pay the least on Protege5 coverage.
- Your spouse saves you money – Being married can actually save you money on insurance coverage. Having a significant other translates into being more mature and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Some insurers will give a discount to policyholders who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to compare rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. Drivers may still find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Sex matters – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women cause accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving.
- High deductibles save money – Your deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay before your insurance coverage pays a claim. Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply would be running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, or theft. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance on Protege5 coverage.
- Save money with special equipment – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder car theft.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Does my 2003 Mazda Protege5 qualify for pleasure use?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Does my 2003 Mazda Protege5 need full coverage?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
The fine print in insurance ads
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for cheaper car insurance from companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads make an identical promise that you’ll save big after switching your policy.
How does each company claim to save you money?
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that is profitable for them. For instance, a preferred risk might be profiled as over the age of 40, has no prior claims, and drives newer vehicles. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” is entitled to the best price and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who are not a match for this ideal profile must pay higher prices and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. This is how insurance companies can advertise the way they do.
This illustrates why drivers should get a wide range of price quotes. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance company will give you the biggest savings on Mazda Protege5 insurance.
Car insurance coverage specifics
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Liability auto insurance
This can cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property that is your fault. It protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims like structural damage, court costs, funeral expenses, legal defense fees and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses for things like EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses, hospital visits, surgery and pain medications. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Mazda Protege5.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like vandalism, damage from getting keyed, damage from flooding and hail damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage covers damage to your Protege5 caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail, hitting a parking meter, colliding with a tree and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Affordable insurance is out there
We just showed you many ways to compare 2003 Mazda Protege5 insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, unfair underwriting practices, high prices or policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider can be less work than you think.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available at these sites:
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area