Cheapest 2002 Mazda Tribute Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 7, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you tired of scraping the payment together to buy car insurance? You’re in the same situation as the majority of other car owners. Insurance companies such as State Farm and GEICO constantly bombard you with fancy advertisements and it is difficult to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you have a policy now or need a new policy, you can learn to shop for the lowest rates and still get good coverage. Finding the best rates is easy if you know what you’re doing. Drivers only need an understanding of the proper methods to compare rates over the internet.
Why you might be paying too much to insure your Mazda Tribute
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – The majority of auto insurance companies will give a discount to policyholders who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- High numbers of claims are not good – Auto insurance companies generally give better rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – A driver’s credit rating is a important factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. So if your credit can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your 2002 Mazda Tribute by improving your credit score.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping auto theft.
- Where you live can impact rates – Being located in small towns and rural areas can save you money when talking about auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer people means fewer accidents.
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be asked for in order for you to get them. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on your policy for Tribute insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in high school.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a course in driver safety could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will cut your premiums.
Do drivers who switch really save?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings by Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies make the same claim that you can save if you change to their company.
How do they all make the same claim?
All companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For instance, a preferred risk could be between 25 and 40, has no prior claims, and chooses high deductibles. Any driver who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest rates and most likely will save when they switch companies.
Consumers who fall outside these standards will be quoted a more expensive rate and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save money. That is how companies can truthfully make those claims.
This emphasizes why drivers must get a wide range of price quotes. It’s impossible to know which company will provide you with the cheapest Mazda Tribute insurance rates.
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions might help in determining if you would benefit from professional advice.
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Medical expense insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills for doctor visits, prosthetic devices and surgery. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Mazda Tribute.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability coverage – Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims like bail bonds, structural damage, legal defense fees, pain and suffering and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door, crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like theft, hail damage, fire damage, hitting a deer and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Smart consumers save more
We just covered a lot of information how to save on 2002 Mazda Tribute insurance. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Why might I be paying too much to insure my 2002 Mazda Tribute?
An important part of buying insurance is understanding the factors that affect your auto insurance rates. By knowing what impacts premium levels, you can make educated decisions that will help you secure better auto insurance rates.
Are there any discounts available that can help me lower my insurance costs?
Yes, there are discounts available to reduce insurance premiums. Some are automatic, others need to be requested. Note that not all discounts may apply to your policy, but any discount can help lower your premiums.
Do drivers who switch insurance companies really save money?
Insurance companies advertise savings for drivers who switch, but it’s based on specific parameters. They offer low rates to low-risk drivers. Those outside preferred standards may get higher quotes. To find the best deal, get quotes from multiple insurers.
How do I determine the right coverage for my Mazda Tribute?
The right insurance coverage for your Mazda Tribute depends on your personal situation and needs. There is no one-size-fits-all policy. To determine the coverage that suits you, consider factors such as your driving habits, budget, and the value of your vehicle. It can be helpful to consult with a professional for personalized advice.
What are some typical coverages found in an insurance policy?
Common coverages found in an insurance policy include:
- Medical expense insurance
- Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
- Liability coverage
- Collision coverage
- Comprehensive (Other than Collision) coverage
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area