Cheapest 2002 Toyota Celica Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower insurance rates for your Toyota Celica? Are you confused by the dozens of insurance company choices? Many other consumers are too. Consumers have so many options that it can be a lot of work to find the lowest price.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes yearly since insurance rates change quite often. Just because you found the best rates for Celica coverage six months ago you can probably find a better price now. So just block out anything you think you know about insurance because we’re going to show you the right way to find lower rates on insurance.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is not rocket science. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to save some money using this information. But car owners need to have an understanding of how companies sell insurance online and apply this information to your search.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Companies don’t always advertise all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Celica coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness – Certain companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts when compared to bad drivers.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your policy for Celica coverage.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers can possibly qualify for reduced rates for Celica coverage.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of companies with discount car insurance rates, click here.
Toyota Celica insurance rates are influenced by…
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that go into determining your insurance coverage rates. Knowing what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better insurance coverage rates.
Listed below are some of the items used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Just one citation may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers with clean records get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have severe citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Most companies give discounts to policyholders who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to find better rates by buying insurance coverage from a different company.
- Adjust deductibles and save – The deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, vandalism, and windstorm damage. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive for Celica coverage.
- Your location is important – Residing in a rural area is a positive aspect when talking about insurance coverage. Drivers in populated areas have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Lower population means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – Your credit history is a huge factor in your rate calculation. If your credit score is not that good, you could pay less to insure your 2002 Toyota Celica by improving your rating. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower credit scores.
- Your job and insurance rates – Jobs such as judges, architects and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates due to job stress and long work hours. Other occupations like scientists, historians and retirees pay the least for Celica coverage.
- Small claims can cost you – Insurance companies provide lower rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your insurance coverage declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle. Incorrect usage on your Celica may be costing you.
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Does my 2002 Toyota Celica qualify for pleasure use?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Detailed coverages of your car insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like chiropractic care, EMT expenses and dental work. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability auto insurance
This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like structural damage, emergency aid and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
This pays for damage to your Celica from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as damaging your car on a curb, colliding with a tree, hitting a parking meter, backing into a parked car and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from getting keyed, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer and a broken windshield. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your 2002 Toyota Celica.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Shop Smart and Save
You just read quite a bit of information on how to save on 2002 Toyota Celica insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced full coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high prices or even policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, switching companies is easier than you think.
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest auto insurance rates for a 2002 Toyota Celica in 2023?
To find the cheapest auto insurance rates for a 2002 Toyota Celica in 2023, you can enter your ZIP code on our website to access our free quote tool. By comparing quotes from different companies, you increase your chances of finding the best rates.
What factors influence Toyota Celica insurance rates?
Several factors can influence Toyota Celica insurance rates. These factors may include your driving record, age, location, coverage options, deductible amount, and the insurance company’s underwriting criteria. It’s important to consider these factors when obtaining insurance quotes.
What are some discounts available for car insurance?
Car insurance companies offer various discounts that can help you save money on your premiums. These discounts may include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, good student discounts, low mileage discounts, and more. It’s advisable to ask insurance providers about the available discounts for which you may be eligible.
What coverages should I consider for my car insurance policy?
Car insurance policies consist of different coverages, and the specific coverages you need depend on your individual circumstances. However, some common coverages to consider are liability insurance, collision coverage, comprehensive coverage, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, and medical payments/personal injury protection (PIP) coverage. Evaluating your needs and consulting with a licensed agent can help you determine the best coverages for your situation.
How can I save money on auto insurance without compromising coverage?
While it’s important to find affordable auto insurance rates, it’s equally crucial to maintain adequate coverage. To save money without compromising coverage, you can consider the following strategies: compare quotes from multiple insurance companies, take advantage of available discounts, maintain a good driving record, raise your deductibles if you can afford to pay more out of pocket in the event of a claim, and review your policy regularly to ensure you have appropriate coverage for your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area