Cheapest 2002 Toyota Sequoia Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your Toyota Sequoia? Are you tired of paying out the nose to pay your car insurance bill each month? You’re in the same situation as the majority of other car owners.
Lots of insurance companies contend for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to find the absolute best rate
Smart consumers take time to compare rates once or twice a year since rates go up and down regularly. Even if you got the best deal on Sequoia insurance on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about insurance coverage because you’re about to find out the best methods to get good coverage at a lower rate.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all available discounts very well, so we researched both well-publicized and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a driver safety course can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies will give a small break simply for signing over the internet.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may be able to get reduced rates on Sequoia insurance.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% on Sequoia insurance depending on your company.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts, click here.
What coverages do I need?
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2002 Toyota Sequoia?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Insurance coverage specifics
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Toyota Sequoia.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Liability car insurance
This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as medical expenses, loss of income, emergency aid and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Sequoia caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like crashing into a ditch, rolling your car, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for immediate expenses such as doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses, pain medications, EMT expenses and hospital visits. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane and damage from flooding. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Knowledge is power
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to get a better price on 2002 Toyota Sequoia insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may discover the best prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Lower-priced insurance can be purchased both online and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
More information can be found at these links:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance coverage rates for my Toyota Sequoia?
Comparing rates from different insurance companies is the best way to find the cheapest insurance coverage for your Toyota Sequoia. You can use online quoting tools to easily compare prices and choose the best option for you.
Are there any discounts available for Toyota Sequoia insurance?
Yes, there are various discounts that you may qualify for. Car insurance companies offer discounts for factors such as safe driving records, multiple policies, anti-theft devices, and more. Make sure to ask your insurance provider about all available discounts.
What coverages do I need for my Toyota Sequoia?
The insurance coverage you need depends on various factors and your specific situation. However, some common coverages include liability insurance to protect against damage to other people or property, collision coverage for damages to your vehicle from a collision, comprehensive coverage for non-collision damages, and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
Should I get collision coverage for my Toyota Sequoia?
Collision coverage pays for damages to your Sequoia caused by a collision with another vehicle or object. Whether you should get collision coverage depends on factors such as the value of your vehicle and your ability to pay for repairs out of pocket. If your vehicle is older and has a low market value, you may consider dropping collision coverage to save money.
How can I save money on insurance for my Toyota Sequoia?
To save money on insurance for your Toyota Sequoia, you can consider the following options:
- Compare quotes from multiple insurance companies to find the best rate.
- Ask about available discounts and take advantage of any you qualify for.
- Opt for higher deductibles, which can lower your premium.
- Maintain a good driving record and avoid accidents or traffic violations.
- Bundle your auto insurance with other policies, such as home or renters insurance, for potential discounts.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area