Cheaper 2003 BMW Z4 Car Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better auto insurance rates for your BMW Z4? Expensive auto insurance can empty your personal savings and force you to make sacrifices. Comparing price quotes is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to help make ends meet.
Companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all claim big savings, bombarding you with advertising and it is difficult to see through the deception and find the best price available.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using these techniques. Finding the best rates is quite easy. Nevertheless, car owners do need to learn how insurance companies compete online and use this information to your advantage.
Comparison of Insurance
Most companies such as Allstate and Progressive give pricing online. This process is fairly simple as you simply enter the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. Behind the scenes, their system will order reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price. Being able to quote online makes comparing rates easy, but the time required to go to different websites and complete many quote forms can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it is imperative to perform this step in order to get a better rate.
The preferred way to find lower prices utilizes a single form that gets price quotes from several different companies. It’s a real time-saver, requires less work, and makes price shopping online much easier to do. After your information is entered, your coverage is rated and you can choose any of the returned quotes. If a lower price is quoted, you can click and sign and purchase the new policy. This process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
In order to get comparison pricing now, simply click here to open in new window and submit the form. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This makes sure you will be getting a rate comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
Discounts mean cheaper BMW Z4 insurance rates
Companies don’t always list all available discounts very clearly, so we researched some of the more common and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application over the internet.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who live away from home without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your policy for Z4 coverage.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may be able to get a discount up to 10% for Z4 coverage.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
For a list of providers with the best insurance discounts, click here to view.
These factors can influence what you pay for BMW Z4 insurance
It’s important that you understand the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance coverage. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to big savings.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate prices.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your BMW from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend before your insurance coverage pays a claim. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be for Z4 coverage.
- More miles equals more premium – Driving more miles every year the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Cars used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. If your policy improperly rates your Z4 can result in significantly higher rates. Double check that your insurance coverage coverage properly reflects the proper vehicle usage.
- Women pay lower rates – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men are in accidents at about the same rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If your BMW Z4 scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Insurance companies provide better rates to drivers who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – Having a bad credit rating is a big factor in calculating your insurance coverage rates. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit history can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your 2003 BMW Z4 by improving your rating.
- Older drivers pay less – Teenage drivers are known to be less responsible when behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance coverage rates. Older insureds tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets.
- Car features impact rates – Owning a car with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent car theft.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions might point out if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Specific coverage details
Learning about specific coverages of insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like a broken windshield, vandalism, damage from flooding and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses like prosthetic devices, dental work, nursing services, pain medications and doctor visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your 2003 BMW Z4.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Collision – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as damaging your car on a curb, driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability coverage – Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like medical expenses, loss of income, funeral expenses and legal defense fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Cost effective 2003 BMW Z4 insurance can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
You just learned many tips how you can shop for insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company. Smaller companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area