Lower Your 2003 Honda Odyssey Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 14, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest insurance rates for your Honda Odyssey? Locating the cheapest insurance for a Honda Odyssey can turn out to be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to save time. There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance so you’re going to learn the proper way to price shop coverage for a new or used Honda and obtain the best price possible either online or from local insurance agents.
It is always a good idea to compare prices at least once a year since insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best rates for Odyssey coverage last year a different company probably has better rates today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to learn how to use the internet to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use this information to get lower rates and still get good coverage. Finding affordable insurance coverage coverage is simple if you know the tricks. Vehicle owners only need to know how to get comparison quotes online.
Compare the Market for Insurance
Most companies give coverage price quotes online. Getting quotes is quite simple as you simply enter your coverage preferences into a form. When complete, the company’s rating system automatically orders your driving record and credit report and generates pricing information based on many factors.
Online quotes makes comparing rates easy, but having to visit many different websites and complete many quote forms is monotonous and tiresome. Unfortunately, it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the best price on insurance.
Isn’t there an easier way to compare rates?
The quickest way to find cheaper rates uses one simple form that gets price quotes from several companies at one time. It’s a real time-saver, reduces the work, and makes quoting online much easier. As soon as the form is sent, it gets priced with multiple companies and you can pick any or none of the pricing results. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can click and sign and buy the new coverage. The whole process takes 15 minutes at the most and may result in a nice savings.
To save time and compare rates using this form now, click here to open in a new tab and fill out the form. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate the coverages as shown on your current policy. This guarantees you’re receiving rate comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
Are car insurance companies telling the truth?
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for car insurance savings from companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all make the same claim that you can save after switching your policy.
How can each company make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that earns them a profit. A good example of a driver they prefer might be a mature driver, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any driver who fits that profile is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Drivers who don’t qualify for these standards will be charged higher premiums and this can result in business not being written. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That’s the way companies can state the savings. That is why you should get quotes from several different companies. Because you never know which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings on Honda Odyssey insurance.
Honda Odyssey insurance rates can be determined by these details
It’s important that you understand the factors that help determine insurance coverage rates. Knowing what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that can help you get better insurance coverage rates.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Liability coverage provides coverage when you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Save money with special equipment – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart your car from being stolen.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and burglary. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance for Odyssey coverage.
- Mature drivers pay less – Teenage drivers tend to be more careless behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance coverage rates. Having to add a young driver to your policy can be very expensive. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Where you live can impact rates – Being located in a rural area is a positive aspect when buying insurance coverage. Urban drivers tend to have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Battle of the sexes – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Women and men tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are many additional coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Insurance for roadside assistance, better glass coverage and motor club memberships are some examples. These coverages may sound good at first, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If your Honda Odyssey scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
Save on 2003 Honda Odyssey insurance
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise all their discounts very well, so we break down both the well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a professional or civic organization may earn a discount when buying insurance for Odyssey coverage.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for Odyssey coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
To see a list of providers who offer insurance discounts, click this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Learn about insurance coverages for a 2003 Honda Odyssey
Learning about specific coverages of insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Honda Odyssey.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills like nursing services, dental work and EMT expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as falling objects, fire damage, hitting a bird and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This will pay to fix damage to your Odyssey resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to people or other property. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 bodily injury coverage, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, emergency aid and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
More quotes. Lower rates.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, high prices, high rates after DUI convictions and even delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to compare 2003 Honda Odyssey insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Drivers may discover the lowest premiums are with the least-expected company.
Cost effective insurance is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not provide online quoting and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
Additional detailed information is located at these sites:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area