Compare 2003 Hyundai Accent Car Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Hyundai Accent? Beginners to comparing insurance rates online may find finding cheap insurance coverage is not as easy as it seems.
The purpose of this post is to help you learn how to get online quotes and some tips to save money. If you have car insurance now, you will be able to save some money using these techniques. But vehicle owners do need to learn how companies market on the web and apply this information to your search.
Discounts mean cheaper Hyundai Accent insurance rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, buy you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied when you quote, but a few need to be manually applied before they will apply.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for switching policies before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less on Accent coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a defensive driving course could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get reduced rates on Accent coverage.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will bring down your overall premium however.
Car insurance companies who might offer these benefits are:
Double check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply in your state.
Factors that can influence insurance rates for a Hyundai Accent
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings.
Listed below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Where you live – Residing in less populated areas can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Drive less and save money – The more you drive in a year’s time the more you will pay for car insurance. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars left parked in the garage qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having the wrong rating on your Accent may be costing you. Make sure your car insurance policy shows the correct driver usage.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Careers like doctors, executives and accountants tend to pay higher rates than average attributed to high stress and long work days. On the flip side, occupations like scientists, athletes and the unemployed have the lowest average rates on Accent coverage.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – A driver’s credit score is a important factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Consumers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores. So if your credit is low, you could pay less to insure your 2003 Hyundai Accent by repairing your credit.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women have accidents at about the same rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving.
- How many coverages with the same company – Some insurance companies will give a discount to insureds who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to compare rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Frequent car insurance claims increase rates – If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies give cheaper rates to people who are claim-free. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2003 Hyundai Accent is totaled?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2003 Hyundai Accent?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Can switching companies really save?
Progressive, Allstate and GEICO continually stream ads on television and other media. All the companies make an identical promise about savings after switching to their company. How do they all say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that is profitable for them. A good example of a preferred risk might be over the age of 40, has no driving citations, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” is entitled to the best price and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who do not match these standards will be charged a higher premium which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads say “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. This is how companies can advertise the way they do.
That is why drivers must get as many comparisons as possible. It is impossible to predict which auto insurance company will provide you with the cheapest Hyundai Accent insurance rates.
Auto insurance coverages 101
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
This protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things like emergency aid, pain and suffering, legal defense fees, repair costs for stationary objects and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for X-ray expenses, rehabilitation expenses, dental work and EMT expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like falling objects, theft, vandalism, a broken windshield and damage from flooding. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Hyundai Accent.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices or not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
Cost effective 2003 Hyundai Accent insurance can be found on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to shop for insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even discover the best prices are with a small mutual company.
Additional detailed information is available by following these links:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area