Cheapest 2002 Hyundai Accent Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Confused by the wide range of car insurance options? You’re not alone. Drivers have so many options available that it can easily become a real challenge to find the perfect company for you.
If you have car insurance now, you will be able to cut costs considerably using this information. Buying affordable car insurance coverage can be fairly easy. Although consumers do need to know the way insurance companies price insurance differently and take advantage of how the system works.
Some factors that can determine what Hyundai Accent insurance costs
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that go into determining your auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers like lawyers, social workers and dentists have the highest average rates due to high stress and lots of time spent at work. Other jobs such as scientists, historians and homemakers get better rates on Accent coverage.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – A bad driving record has a big impact on rates. Even one ticket may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. If you have dangerous violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Liability insurance provides coverage if ever you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies give discounts to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are quite a few additional coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Things like vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage and membership fees may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good at first, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
Don’t overlook these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and the harder-to-find auto insurance savings.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more on Accent coverage than less cautious drivers.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing online.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially when compared with bad drivers.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates on Accent coverage.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Insurance companies who might offer some of the above discounts are:
Check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Savings might not be offered in every state.
Can you really save that much by switching?
Insurance coverage companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive regularly use television and radio advertisements. They all seem to say the same thing of big savings if you move to them. How do they all claim to save you money?
Different companies have a preferred profile for the right customer they prefer to insure. For example, a desirable insured might be profiled as a mature driver, has no tickets, and drives newer vehicles. A driver who meets those qualifications receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Potential insureds who don’t measure up to the requirements will have to pay higher prices and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads say “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. That’s why companies can state the savings. Because of the profiling, you absolutely need to compare as many rates as you can. It’s impossible to know which company will fit your personal profile best.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Is my situation unique?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Should I rate my 2002 Hyundai Accent as pleasure use or commute?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Detailed coverages of your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Hyundai Accent.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as hitting a bird, rock chips in glass and damage from flooding. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Accent resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like crashing into a ditch, hitting a mailbox and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses like surgery, doctor visits, dental work, nursing services and rehabilitation expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto liability insurance
This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 bodily injury coverage, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as attorney fees, funeral expenses, bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Affordable 2002 Hyundai Accent insurance can be found both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, denial of a claim, policy non-renewal or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
More information can be found at the links below
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors can determine the cost of insurance for a 2002 Hyundai Accent in 2023?
Several factors can affect the cost of insurance for a 2002 Hyundai Accent, including your location, driving history, age, gender, credit score, coverage options, and the insurance company’s pricing algorithms.
Are there any discounts available for auto insurance?
Yes, insurance companies often offer various discounts that can help you save on your auto insurance premiums. Some common discounts include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, good student discounts, anti-theft device discounts, and more. However, not all discounts may be available with every insurance company, so it’s important to check with each prospective company to see which discounts they offer.
Can switching insurance companies really save me money?
Switching insurance companies may potentially save you money, as different companies have different pricing structures and preferences for the types of customers they want to insure. Each company has its own underwriting criteria, and if you meet the preferred profile of another company, you might be able to secure lower rates. It’s always a good idea to compare quotes from multiple insurance companies to find the best rates for your specific circumstances.
Is my insurance situation unique?
When it comes to choosing insurance coverage, there is no one-size-fits-all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique, and factors such as your driving habits, vehicle usage, and personal preferences can affect the type and amount of coverage you need. If you’re unsure about the right coverage for your situation, it may be beneficial to speak with a licensed insurance agent who can provide personalized advice.
What are the different types of coverage included in an insurance policy?
Auto insurance policies typically include various types of coverage. Some common coverages include:
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) coverage: Protects you when you’re involved in an accident with a driver who has insufficient or no insurance.
- Comprehensive coverage: Pays for damages to your vehicle caused by incidents other than collisions, such as theft, vandalism, or natural disasters.
- Collision coverage: Covers damages to your vehicle resulting from a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP): Provide coverage for medical expenses resulting from an accident, regardless of who is at fault.
- Auto liability insurance: Protects you from financial responsibility for injuries or damages you cause to others in an accident.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area