Cheapest 2003 Hyundai Sonata Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 1, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest insurance rates for your Hyundai Sonata? Searching for the cheapest insurance for your Hyundai Sonata can normally be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to find lower rates.
There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the proper way to price shop coverage on a Hyundai and find the lowest price either online or from local insurance agents.
Discounts are basically free money
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before you get the savings. If you don’t get every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers pay less as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- College Student – Youth drivers who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will bring down your premiums.
To see a list of providers with discount insurance coverage rates, follow this link.
Compare the Market for Car Insurance
Comparing car insurance rates can be challenging if you don’t understand the most efficient way. You could waste time driving to local insurance agents in your area, or you could use the internet to maximize your effort.
Many popular insurance companies belong to a marketplace where prospective buyers enter their coverage request one time, and each participating company then returns a price quote based on that information. This saves time by eliminating form submissions for every car insurance company.
To use this form to compare 2003 Hyundai Sonata insurance rates click here (opens in new window).
The only downside to using this type of form is you can’t choose which carriers you want pricing from. If you would rather choose from a list of companies to request quotes from, we have assembled a list of the cheapest car insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make absolute certain that you use exactly the same coverage information with every price quote. If you enter unequal deductibles or liability limits then you won’t be able to truly determine the lowest rate.
Factors determining your Hyundai Sonata insurance premium
It’s important that you understand the factors that help determine insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Being married can save on insurance – Getting married helps lower the price when buying insurance. Having a spouse usually means you are more responsible and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – Car insurance companies generally give lower rates to insureds who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when it comes to insurance. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with congested traffic and longer commute times. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection when you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you. If the Hyundai Sonata earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- No coverage gaps is important – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a sure-fire way to increase your insurance rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Many insurers give discounts to policyholders who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
- Your age impacts your rates – Mature drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel. Young drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible in a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher.
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When buying adequate coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2003 Hyundai Sonata is totaled?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Can you really save $459 a year?
Consumers can’t get away from ads that promise big savings by companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads say the same thing of big savings if you switch to them.
How do they all make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that earns them a profit. An example of a preferred risk could be between 30 and 50, has no tickets, and has a high credit rating. A propective insured who meets those qualifications will get the preferred rates and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Drivers who are not a match for this ideal profile will be quoted a higher premium and this can result in business not being written. Company advertisements say “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. That’s the way insurance companies can state the savings.
This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to compare as many rates as you can. It’s impossible to know which company will fit your personal profile best.
Car insurance coverages for a Hyundai Sonata
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Usually the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as vandalism, falling objects and hitting a deer. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Sonata resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses for things like surgery, chiropractic care and EMT expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims such as medical services, funeral expenses, pain and suffering, medical expenses and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Save for a rainy day
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, questionable increases in premium, being labeled a high risk driver or policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is not as hard as you think.
Cheap 2003 Hyundai Sonata insurance can be found on the web and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured cut liability coverage limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area