LTI LTI Altima Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you a victim of an overpriced insurance policy? Believe me when I say you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse.
Many car insurance companies vie for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies to get the best rates possible.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to cut costs considerably using these techniques. Buying car insurance is not rocket science. Although drivers benefit from understanding how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online and take advantage of how the system works.
Why you might be paying too much in price to insure your 2003 Nissan Altima
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into your rates.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Occupations such as judges, social workers and stock brokers have the highest rates because of job stress and long work hours. On the other hand, occupations like actors, students and homemakers get better rates for 2003 Nissan Altima coverage.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Having a spouse actually saves money on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other translates into being more responsible it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you when a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If your 2003 Nissan Altima scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- With age comes lower rates – Older drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations. Young drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart car theft.
- Never go without insurance – Driving with no insurance is illegal and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates than bad drivers. Just one citation may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers who have serious citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
You probably qualify for some discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there are discounts available that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but some must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off for Altima coverage depending on your company.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who are attending college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Own a Home – Owning a home may trigger a insurance coverage policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will help reduce your premiums.
Car insurance companies who might offer these discounts include:
- 21st Century
- State Farm
- The Hartford
Double check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Savings might not apply in every state.
Insurance ads bend the truth
State Farm, Allstate and GEICO continually stream ads on television and other media. All the companies make an identical promise of big savings after switching your policy. But how can every company make the same claim?
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver that earns them a profit. An example of a profitable customer could possibly be over the age of 50, has no tickets, and has a high credit rating. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications will get the preferred rates and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who don’t meet these standards will be charged higher rates and this can result in the customer not buying. The ads say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That’s why companies can advertise the way they do.
That is why you absolutely need to compare many company’s rates. You cannot predict the company that will have the lowest 2003 Nissan Altima pricing with insurance rates.
There’s no such thing as the perfect policy
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Parts of your insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your 2003 Nissan Altima from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a ditch and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as falling objects, hail damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses for dental work, chiropractic care, nursing services, hospital visits and surgery. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your 2003 Nissan Altima.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 100/300/100 which means a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things such as funeral expenses, court costs and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Money doesn’t grow on trees
As you shop your coverage around, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced full coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just read a lot of ways to reduce 2003 Nissan Altima insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Affordable insurance can be purchased online as well as from independent agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance coverage companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area