Cheapest 2003 Pontiac Aztek Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 16, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better auto insurance rates for your Pontiac Aztek? Buying the most affordable auto insurance on the web may be problematic for beginners to comparison shopping online. With dozens of online companies available, how can drivers effectively compare them all to find the best price?
If you currently have car insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to save some money using this information. Shopping for the lowest cost car insurance can be fairly easy. Nevertheless, consumers need to learn the way insurance companies market on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Cut your insurance coverage rates with these ten discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Own a Home – Owning a home can help you save on insurance coverage because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break when buying insurance coverage on Aztek insurance.
- Sign Online – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy online.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less as compared to bad drivers.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more on Aztek insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will reduce the amount you have to pay.
Companies who might offer these discounts are:
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
Check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be offered in your state.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When choosing coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Slick advertising tricks that work
State Farm and Allstate constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. All the companies say the same thing of big savings if you switch to their company. How can each company make almost identical claims?
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that earns them a profit. A good example of a desirable insured could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and has a short commute. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” will get the preferred rates and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who fall outside the requirements must pay a higher premium and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can confidently state the savings.
This illustrates why you need to quote coverage with many companies. Because you never know the company that will provide you with the cheapest Pontiac Aztek insurance rates.
Auto insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of insurance can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Pontiac Aztek.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Normally the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as falling objects, damage from flooding and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto liability insurance
This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses, loss of income and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for surgery, X-ray expenses, ambulance fees and pain medications. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Aztek from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims like driving through your garage door, rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Make a quick buck
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed full coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to get a better price on 2003 Pontiac Aztek insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent, poor customer service or not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
More detailed insurance coverage information can be found at these sites:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area