How Much Does 2003 Pontiac Sunfire Car Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 7, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper auto insurance rates for your Pontiac Sunfire? No one in their right mind likes having to buy auto insurance, especially knowing they are paying too much.
Many auto insurance companies vie for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the absolute best rates possible.
How to Lower Your Insurance Coverage Cost
Comparing insurance coverage rates is a ton of work if you don’t know the fastest way to get free quotes. You can waste a few hours (or days) talking about coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you can stay home and use online quotes to get prices fast.
Most of the larger companies are enrolled in a marketplace where prospective buyers enter their policy data once, and every company then gives them pricing. This system prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for.
To access this free quoting program, click here (opens in new window).
The one downside to doing it this way is you don’t know exactly which companies you want to price. So if you prefer to pick individual companies to compare prices, we have assembled a list of the cheapest insurance coverage companies in your area. Click here to view list.
Which method you use is up to you, but make darn sure you compare exactly the same coverages and limits on every quote you get. If you enter mixed coverages then you won’t be able to decipher which rate is best. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages may result in large price differences. And when comparison shopping, more quotes gives you a better chance of getting a better price.
Elements that influence Pontiac Sunfire insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that help determine your insurance coverage rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower insurance coverage prices.
- With age comes lower rates – More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel. Teenage drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted when driving and because of this, their insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Women and men cause accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage. Men also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are several times more likely to be in an accident and are penalized with high insurance coverage rates.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one speeding ticket can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. If you have severe violations such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Little extras can really add up – There are quite a few additional coverages that you can buy when buying insurance coverage. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, towing coverage and motor club memberships are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
- Your spouse saves you money – Being married can get you a discount on your policy. Marriage usually means you are more responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Pay less for Pontiac Sunfire insurance
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list all their discounts very well, so here is a list some of the best known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using.
- College Student – Children living away from home attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Pontiac can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child complete a driver education course in school.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more on Sunfire coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on the same auto insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Accident Forgiveness – Certain companies allow you one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of insurers with the best auto insurance discounts, click this link.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions might help in determining if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2003 Pontiac Sunfire?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Educate yourself about insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the normal coverages found on most insurance policies.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as hitting a parking meter, scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses for things like chiropractic care, dental work, hospital visits, nursing services and pain medications. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Liability coverages – Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, court costs, repair costs for stationary objects, loss of income and funeral expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed and hitting a bird. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best price.
Discount 2003 Pontiac Sunfire insurance can be found online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not provide online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found in the articles below:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area