Acura Acura MDX Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 28, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Consumers who are new to price shopping insurance online might discover finding cheap insurance is harder than they anticipated.
You need to compare rates before your policy renews because rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the lowest rates on MDX insurance on your last policy there may be better deals available now. So just block out anything you think you know about insurance because it’s time to teach you the proper way to find lower rates on insurance.
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but some must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10% on MDX insurance.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% on MDX insurance with select insurance companies.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less on MDX insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- No Charge for an Accident – A few companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Sign Online – A few companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
For a list of insurers who offer insurance coverage discounts, follow this link.
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- If my 2004 Acura MDX is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Most of the time these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Auto liability insurance
This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things such as legal defense fees, loss of income and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like hitting a bird, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from getting keyed and fire damage. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for bills like dental work, nursing services and hospital visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Save your hard earned cash
Cheaper 2004 Acura MDX insurance can be found on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers or even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is less work than it seems.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone sacrificed full coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
More detailed insurance coverage information can be read at these sites:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area