Cheapest 2004 Ford Expedition Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 18, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better car insurance rates for your Ford Expedition? Expensive car insurance can dwindle your bank account and force you to make sacrifices. Comparing price quotes is a smart way to lower your monthly bill. Because there are so many companies to choose from, it can be impossible to pick the most affordable provider.
How to save on Ford Expedition insurance
Car insurance can cost a lot, buy you may qualify for discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may trigger a auto insurance policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more for Expedition insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% for Expedition insurance depending on your company.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies allow you one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application digitally online.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a qualifying organization may earn a discount on auto insurance for Expedition insurance.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will cut the cost of coverage.
For a list of providers with the best auto insurance discounts, click here.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Should I rate my 2004 Ford Expedition as pleasure use or commute?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do you really save 40% when you switch?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads that promise big savings by Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads have a common claim that you’ll save big after switching to their company.
How can each company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer they prefer to insure. An example of a preferred risk could possibly be a mature driver, has no driving citations, and drives newer vehicles. A propective insured who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who don’t meet these standards must pay a more expensive rate which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. That is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
This illustrates why it is so important to compare as many rates as you can. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Car insurance coverages explained
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 100/300/100 which means a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims like structural damage, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses, emergency aid and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed and hitting a deer. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for collisions
This will pay to fix damage to your Expedition resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like colliding with a tree, rolling your car, backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Ford Expedition.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Usually these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses for things like ambulance fees, hospital visits, X-ray expenses, rehabilitation expenses and chiropractic care. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
A fool and his money are soon parted
As you prepare to switch companies, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheap 2004 Ford Expedition insurance can be bought on the web and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Additional car insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area