How Much Does 2004 Ford Ranger Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 10, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Buyers have lots of choices when searching for affordable Ford Ranger insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to get rate quotes. There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance coverage so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to get price quotes for a Ford and locate the best price possible either online or from local insurance agents.
How to Lower Your Auto Insurance Cost
There are multiple methods to compare 2004 Ford Ranger auto insurance quotes, but some are less time-consuming than others. You can spend countless hours discussing policy coverages with agents in your area, or you can stay home and use the internet to get prices fast.
The majority of car insurance companies belong to a marketplace that allows shoppers to submit their information once, and each participating company returns a rated price. This saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for.
To compare 2004 Ford Ranger rates using this form now click to open in new window.
The single downside to getting quotes like this is you don’t know exactly the insurers you want to price. If you prefer to choose individual companies for rate comparison, we have a page of auto insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
Whichever method you choose, make absolute certain that you use exactly the same information on every quote you get. If you compare different liability limits it’s impossible to determine the best price for your Ford Ranger.
How to save on Ford Ranger insurance
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list all their discounts very well, so we break down some of the best known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see a list of insurers with discount auto insurance rates, click here to view.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Pieces of the Ford Ranger insurance rate puzzle
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get big savings.
The list below includes some of the items that factor into your rates.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Men and women have accidents in similar numbers, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Most car insurance companies will award you with lower prices to insureds who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations like real estate brokers, social workers and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates in part from job stress and long work days. Other occupations such as scientists, historians and homemakers pay the least on Ranger coverage.
- Big city or small town – Choosing to live in a small town has it’s advantages when buying car insurance. Lower population means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers in populated areas tend to have congested traffic and a longer drive to work. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Safer cars get lower rates. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Ford Ranger is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- What are your deductibles? – Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Ford from damage. Examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The more money you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive on Ranger coverage.
Misconceptions in car insurance advertisements
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for car insurance savings by State Farm and Allstate. They all seem to have a common claim that you can save if you switch to their company.
How can each company make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies can use profiling for the right customer that is profitable for them. An example of a desirable insured could possibly be a mature driver, has no tickets, and has a high credit rating. A driver who meets those qualifications receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who fall outside the requirements will be charged more money and ends up with business not being written. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently make those claims. That is why it’s extremely important to quote coverage with many companies. It is impossible to predict the company that will provide you with the cheapest Ford Ranger insurance rates.
Insurance coverages 101
Having a good grasp of insurance aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like fire damage, damage from getting keyed and vandalism. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Ford Ranger.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Auto liability insurance
This protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things like attorney fees, bail bonds, structural damage and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for bills like dental work, EMT expenses and surgery. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This will pay to fix damage to your Ranger from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Quote more. Save more.
We covered a lot of ways to save on 2004 Ford Ranger insurance. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like high prices, unfair underwriting practices, lack of trust in their agent or not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
The cheapest insurance can be found both online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not provide online price quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area