Cheapest 2004 Honda Pilot Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 30, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your Honda Pilot? Are you sick and tired of not being able to afford to insure your Honda every month? You are no different than millions of other consumers. Many insurers vie for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a provider and uncover the absolute best price available.
Consumers should take time to shop coverage around before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance rates tend to go up over time. Just because you had the lowest rates for Pilot coverage a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance coverage because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the tricks you need to know to find better coverage at a better price.
If you have insurance now or need new coverage, you will benefit by learning to find better prices and possibly find even better coverage. Finding the best rates is easy if you know what you’re doing. Drivers just need to understand the proper methods to compare rates online.
Cut your premium with these nine discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, buy you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but a few need to be manually applied prior to getting the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for insurance for Pilot coverage.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount for Pilot coverage depending on your company.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will cut your overall premium however.
For a list of companies with discount insurance rates, click here.
Automobile Insurance Quotes
Getting better 2004 Honda Pilot car insurance pricing is surprisingly easy. You just have to take the time comparing rate quotes provided by online insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
Probably the best way to find the lowest comparison rates is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This method keeps you from doing separate quote forms to each individual car insurance company. Just one form compares rates from many national carriers.
A slightly less efficient method to shop for car insurance online is to manually visit the website of each company and request a quote. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from State Farm, 21st Century and GMAC. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site to input your insurance information, which is why most consumers use the first method. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
The most time-consuming way of comparing rate quotes is driving to insurance agents’ offices. The internet can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the professional advice of a licensed agent. Drivers can get the lowest quotes online and still use a local agent and we’ll touch on that later.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just ensure you are comparing apples-to-apples coverage information with each company. If you compare unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be very difficult to determine which rate is truly the best.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When buying the right insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you may require specific advice.
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Coverages available on your policy
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
Collision – This will pay to fix damage to your Pilot resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Auto liability insurance – Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Another option is a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Honda Pilot.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Normally the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical expense insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills like hospital visits, funeral costs and surgery. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like fire damage, hitting a bird and damage from flooding. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
When trying to cut insurance costs, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Affordable 2004 Honda Pilot insurance can be purchased online and with local insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
You just read a lot of information how to lower your insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
More tips and info about insurance coverage is available in these articles:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Pilot in Greensboro? (QuoteGreensboro.com)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Pilot in Los Angeles? (LosAngelesCoverage.com)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area