Cheapest 2017 Honda Pilot Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 20, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower insurance rates for your Honda Pilot? Perplexed by the dozens of insurance sources? You have so many sources to choose from that it can easily become a burden to find a cheaper company.
Buying car insurance is not rocket science but it can definitely feel overwhelming when you’re looking for the cheapest insurance rate. If you have car insurance now, you will be able to cut costs considerably using this strategy. But consumers do need to know how insurance companies price online insurance because it can help you find the best coverage.
How can you obtain auto insurance quotes?
All the larger insurance companies allow consumers to get price estimates directly from their websites. Comparing prices online is possible for anyone because you just enter the amount of coverage you want into the form. Once you submit the form, their rating system pulls information on your driving record and credit history and provides a quote.
Quoting online streamlines rate comparisons, but the time required to go to different websites and type in the same information is monotonous and tiresome. But it’s very important to perform this step in order to get the best price on insurance.
A quicker way to find better insurance pricing requires only one form that analyzes rates from multiple companies. It’s a real time-saver, requires less work, and makes rate comparisons much more efficient. Immediately after submitting the form, your coverage is rated and you can choose any or none of the pricing results. If the quotes result in lower rates, you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. The entire process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
Want to compare auto insurance companies to find the best rates? Just enter your ZIP code into our free comparison tool to get started.
To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy the coverage information just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you are getting a fair comparison for the exact same coverage.
Do you qualify for any discounts?
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains some of the best known and the more hidden ways to save on insurance.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Passive Restraints and Airbags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Military Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially as compared to bad drivers.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
How Your Honda Pilot Insurance Costs Are Determined
Many factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or your commute time. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to have a grasp of the different types of things that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get better car insurance rates.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into your rates.
- You might pay higher premiums if you are single – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on your car insurance bill. It means you’re more mature and statistics show drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Tickets can increase costs – Drivers with clean records get better prices than their less careful counterparts. Only having one citation may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with careless tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to keep their license.
- High deductibles equal low rates – Physical damage protection, also called ‘full coverage’, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and windstorm damage. The deductibles you choose represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive on Pilot coverage.
- Liability risk factors in – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in when a jury decides you are liable for an accident. It will provide legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Don’t Assume Everyone Needs the Same Auto Insurance Coverage
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Should I rate my 2017 Honda Pilot as pleasure use or commute?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you need to compare insurance companies, we offer a free online comparison tool that can help you.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Different Coverage Types You Should Consider
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as a broken windshield, damage from flooding, fire damage, hitting a bird and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage covers damage to your Pilot resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a limit of $100,000 per injured person, $300,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability can pay for things such as medical services, attorney fees and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Med Pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses like pain medications, EMT expenses and surgery. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible.
How to Save On Your Honda Pilot Insurance: Summary
When searching for cheap insurance quotes, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
You just learned many ways to shop for 2017 Honda Pilot insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the best price on car insurance is with the smaller companies.
Some companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents. Lower-priced car insurance can be found both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis.
Use our FREE quote tool to compare rates now.
More information is located below:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area