Cheapest 2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you sick and tired of trying to scrape together enough money to insure your Mercedes-Benz every month? You are no different than many other consumers. Online insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all claim big savings with catchy ads and it is difficult to separate fact from fiction and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Comparison of Insurance
Finding lower insurance rates doesn’t have to be difficult. All that’s required is to take the time comparing rates online with multiple companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The single most time-saving way to find low rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison like this one (opens in new window). This type of form saves time by eliminating a different quote to each individual insurance company. One quote request will return price quotes from insurance companies with the best prices.
- A harder way to shop for insurance online consists of going to each company website and complete a new quote form. For instance, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from Auto-Owners, Safeco and GEICO. To find out each rate you need to visit each site and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
It’s up to you which method you use, but ensure you’re using apples-to-apples information with every price quote. If the quotes have different deductibles then you won’t be able to decipher which rate is best.
Cut prices on Mercedes-Benz C-Class insurance
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. Most are applied when you purchase, but less common discounts must be manually applied before you get the savings. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on auto insurance on C-Class insurance.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers can save substantially when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing on their website.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies allow you one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will cut your overall premium however.
Car insurance companies that may offer some of the above discounts include:
Double check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Specific coverages for a 2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverage types found on the average car insurance policy.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Mercedes-Benz C-Class.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Usually these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays for damage to your C-Class from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox, sideswiping another vehicle and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Coverage for medical expenses
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for expenses like hospital visits, nursing services and pain medications. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims like repair costs for stationary objects, legal defense fees and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive car insurance
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from getting keyed, hail damage, falling objects, hitting a bird and damage from flooding. The most your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Save your hard earned cash
In this article, we covered many tips how you can get a better price on 2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class insurance. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a small mutual company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Affordable insurance can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area